Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TG-107

YZ450F 06 boiling

29 posts in this topic

Hi, i got a YZ450f, it has an athena big bore sleeve , boysen quick shot and a FMF titanium factory 4.1, gytr radiator braces and run on belray thumper oil(10w40), but after riding for about 25min moto the water in my radiotors boils, i replaced the radiotor water, after flushing the cooling system but didn't help!!! also rejeted it but it didn't help.:thumbsup:

please help!!!!

Are the radiator caps in good working order (pressure test) and are the overflow drain lines free of dirt or debris?

Yeah did add water and tried different collants, the cap is fine cause i tried a new one aswell, did anyone try that "twotwocool" (think thats what its called, think its spelled wrong)????

yeah the lines are all clean and run freely!!!!

Are you filling the radiator to the top? The coolant level should only be about 10mm above the radiator core when cold, otherwise when the coolant gets hot and expands, it'll overflow.

yeah i know thats normal but you can hear the water boil and when you check the water level, you can't even see the water!!!

yeah i know thats normal but you can hear the water boil and when you check the water level, you can't even see the water!!!

So, is it coming out the overflow? If not, maybe it's leaking into the engine because a gasket is stuffed or the barrel or head is cracked or warped etc.? Does it blow white smoke out the exhaust?

Isnt two2cool an oil additive. How would that keep your rads from boiling? If it makes the engine THAT much cooler, I need some.

Isnt two2cool an oil additive. How would that keep your rads from boiling?
It is, and it won't.

like i said i used it and my bike doesn't boil anymore:)
Okie Dokie.

Anyone who has a plausible explanation for how that works is invited to present it.

i use engine ice too, good stuff. maybe the gaskets, or soemthing is blocking the flow in the engine block? total guess, dont go rip apart your engine unless thats a definite possibility.

its an oil addative and it apperently helps transfer heat between the oil particles quicker resulting that it cools down faster.

i think