Oil Drain Plug

On my '03 YZ450 I am having issues with my drain plug once again. About a year after I got the bike the seal busted and we replaced it with a heely coil (I don't know how you spell that since I can only say it haha) Anyways, about a week ago I started it up and yesterday I find oil all over the garage floor under my bike. Now, I am trying to decide what a better course is. Should I put in another coil, or, should I drill it out and put a new screw in? Basically Mcgyver status.

a heely coil (I don't know how you spell that since I can only say it haha)
helicoil. Think "helicopter", "helical", "helix" (as in "DNA double helix"). Same root. Heli = expanded spiral.

Spelling lesson over. :thumbsup:

Helicoil will continue to give you issues there.....this is the fix for it

http://www.timesert.com/

helicoil. Think "helicopter", "helical", "helix" (as in "DNA double helix"). Same root. Heli = expanded spiral.

Spelling lesson over. :thumbsup:

Haha thank you. It was late when I posted that and I wasn't thinking.

As for the timesert thank you I will have to look into that.

+1 for timeserts. Good product

timeserts are used in the auto industry alot. they hold better and the threads are also stronger. the only down side is you really have to drill the hole out big. should still work better than helicoil.

is the lip on the timeserts going to be enough to seal the drain bolt? I suppose you could always put some RTV silicone on the threads

They're big enough, and they are also dead square, because of the spot facing element of the installer set. Using silicon sealer for that sort of thing is a good way to make an ugly mess, and cause a leak.