HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dougie

Memorial Moab Trip Pulled Out From Under Me

3 posts in this topic

AAAAHHHHGGGG! It's like Lucy pulling the football from Charlie Brown :D

So my wife gets a call last night from one of her good friends who now lives in Orlando. I'm upstairs and I hear squealing and laughing. I peak out the door smiling and I ask what's going on?

My wife proceeds to tell me her friend is getting married. I said great, give her my congrats. Then my wife says they are getting married Memorial Weekend and she has been asked to be the maid of honor.

I quickly realize this is a huge conflict of interests. My annual Memorial Weekend Moab trip is all set. I ask "how are you going to watch Sophie (our baby girl) and stand up at the same time". And of course I knew this was coming...she says, "that will be your job."

:) Moab pulled out from under me. This is tradition she is messing with damn it. I've never even met this girl. Although my wife says she came to our wedding :D

So, I guess I can look at the bright side...I get to go to Florida. But I'd rather me in Moab.

My point to this is I am looking to get to Moab in April, possibly March. Anyone planning a trip out there soon and do you mind if I tag along...plleeaasssee :D

Dougie,

I go down to Moab every third weekend or so. If you plan a trip, let me know and I'll try to meet you. By the way, I will be there this weekend for some great riding if you want to try to get out at the last minute.

John

Dougie,

Total bummer amigo! I definitely know the feeling however. Somehow life changes for us when we get married and have a child... :)

I'll most likely be heading out sometime in April. I'll drop you and John a line and let you know when...

Late