plastics

what is the deal with the blue plastic turning white after it bends. it the any good tricks to turning it blue again? I have heard you can heat it up? is this true. how much heat should I use??? vince

what is the deal with the blue plastic turning white after it bends. it the any good tricks to turning it blue again? I have heard you can heat it up? is this true. how much heat should I use??? vince

yup heat works dont get to close and do heat it to long take your time and you should be good to go!

yup heat works dont get to close and do heat it to long take your time and you should be good to go!

Yep, just have to heat it up evenly and the stress marks dissapear!

what do you usually use to heat it with????? thanks, vince

heat gun.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted:

I do this after every couple of rides. It works great. Go real slow with the heat so you don't melt the plastic.

I used my wife's blow dryer. It took a little patience but it worked okay. It didn't get it 100 percent, but it looked a heck of alot better than right after I crashed.

If you are very careful, and I would suggest practicing on a junk fender, you can also do it with a propane torch. Just apply a little heat and keep it moving.

...We don't need to discuss not doing this to or near the plastic gas tank, do we? Same goes for a heat gun...