Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Italian Stallion

taller seat for 06450

4 posts in this topic

I have been rideing my old 04 crf the last few outings.My o6yz450 was sitting awhile with a flat and a torched rear tire that I was to lazy to change. Anyway when I got back on the yz it felt a little awkward. To me it feels like your on top of the bike on the honda and on the Yz your kind of in the bike.Should I get a taller seat? I am 6' 2"

I'm 6'4". I've added foam on every bike I've owned. I like soft foam so I removed my seat and took it down to the local trim shop and had them add an inch of some household-memory foam stuff.

I can now sit on my ass for hours without it hurting. :thumbsup:

I have been rideing my old 04 crf the last few outings.My o6yz450 was sitting awhile with a flat and a torched rear tire that I was to lazy to change. Anyway when I got back on the yz it felt a little awkward. To me it feels like your on top of the bike on the honda and on the Yz your kind of in the bike.Should I get a taller seat? I am 6' 2"

yes and it makes you corner better because it is easier to get your weight forward....I luv mine...foam from Gutz, sealt cover from One Industries

2003YZF4702006YZF450002.jpg

yes and it makes you corner better because it is easier to get your weight forward....I luv mine...foam from Gutz, sealt cover from One Industries

2003YZF4702006YZF450002.jpg

Thanks nice bike. How much taller is the seat from stock? Does Gutz or one industries sell the complete seat so I can just bolt it on? The last time I did a seat cover it came out looking like one of those japanese bulldogs.Plus I want to keep the origanal seat.I like your all black one this way when I get the urge to by a new bike I can just put the yellow plastic on it and while i'm at it i'll buy some hair dye for the for the ol lady!