HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XTWarrior

Doing a Yamaha fork mod...need help

5 posts in this topic

I have an old Yamaha that I want to revamp and bring up to specs. Part of that process is junking the old suspension and bringing new stuff in.

The reason why I am here is because I am thinking about using YZ/WR front forks for the XT. Swapping them out maybe easier said than done. I was wondering if someone could get me the specs on the front forks (travel, etc.) and also if you think they would be good to use for my XT. The current forks are set to 10lbs. and are air adjustable, but very soft feeling.

Also, could someone get a vernier caliper and let me know what the width of the fork tube is where it is connected to the triple tree?

Thanks for your help guys.

1 person likes this

Scratch that. The forks aren't compatible with drum brake. DOH!

So get the whole WR front end and convert to disk on the front as well! eBay is your friend...

1 person likes this

So get the whole WR front end and convert to disk on the front as well! eBay is your friend...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted::cheers::bonk::lol:

I have an old Yamaha that I want to revamp and bring up to specs. Part of that process is junking the old suspension and bringing new stuff in.

The reason why I am here is because I am thinking about using YZ/WR front forks for the XT. Swapping them out maybe easier said than done. I was wondering if someone could get me the specs on the front forks (travel, etc.) and also if you think they would be good to use for my XT. The current forks are set to 10lbs. and are air adjustable, but very soft feeling.

Also, could someone get a vernier caliper and let me know what the width of the fork tube is where it is connected to the triple tree?

Thanks for your help guys.

What Bike do you have? I have 89 XT 600 and would like to do the same thing. I also have a 2000 WR 400 it would be a great resorce for measuring and fitment. Lets share some info.

1 person likes this