HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mitch_from_Oz

Tis I, Mitch....

13 posts in this topic

G'day all,

Yes, I am real. AS real as a glimmer of hope at the end of a long ride. As real as that wet dream you all had last night. As real as a cloud of dust that suddenly appears and then fades in the distance. Real, define it, understand it and make life of it. When that is done, I will appear... :)

I LOVE hearing all the MOAB stories so far. They have been absolutely fabulous! Even today, I still feel that empty feeling in my tummy or dissapointment and failure for not making it to Moab. Although, Eli and I were planning a trip to Glammis for Thanks Giving. He would much prefer going to MOAB.

Another puzzle, another experiment?

Hey Kev,

Thanks mate. Sounds like you had a great time. Was your bike really that badly damaged after the trip? I have ridden in the desert before and have never known of a bike receiving so much damage. Did you fall on your head or something? :)

Tell me, was it the trip of a lifetime? The reason I ask is that Eli is very interested in getting out there.

Mitch

No Mitch,

My bike is fine. I got a litttle $hit and some raised eyebrows on how clean it looked. It looked like I never rode it, which in reality is kind of true. With all my on-going house repairs and all the unbelievable rain we have had here in NH, plus I have no where to ride short of 1 hour away. My bike was cherry but now it's cherry is popped!

I was out walking my property yesterday trying to visualize my MX track I intend to build. Due to my neighbor's, I'll have to end up getting a quiet tip insert for my Stroker silencer though.

Having never ridden ANYTHING like Moab, it was a ride of a lifetime. To coin the others, it was like riding on the moon. I am truly sorry you missed it Mitch.

BTW, there was no "Partying" after a days ride. By the time we were through riding and showered (for those that showered!) it was after 9pm. Dinner was between 9 & 10pm. The Helmet Cam was plugged into the TV and the day's ride reviewed by everybody. I was recovering from a terrible week of midshift at work and had a real tough time staying awake. That plus I was breathing thin air. One night I was up until midnight, otherwise it was between 10 and 10:30pm that my body Just said NO, and I crashed.

GOOD TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

------------------

99 WZ, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards , Acerbis Hand Guards. Canada for 2001...???

So there I was at the freight company uncrating a WR belonging to a guy I’d never met, and I finally get a good look at it – What do I do? I call Bryan immediately! “Hey you know what? This guy never rides! His plastic is perfect! They’re no dents in the frame! His stickers are even perfect! – HE MUST BE A ROOKIE!” :)

Glad you proved us all wrong!

Jake

Jake,

Give me an MX track and I can show you I am a little more worthy there, than in Moab.

Also, could you send me your home address to my (home) e-mail address? I want to send you (and Bry) something "Real Special!".

Yeah, we knew Kevin wasn't a rookie when he got into the sand and squared the corners like on an MX track. Pretty entertaining to watch actually and it taught me a few things.

Bryan...

Bryan I have a little different perspective on Kevin's MX antics in the sand..... I was BEHIND him in that crap on Poison Spider/Gold Bar & had the pleasure of eating his roost. Wasn't really fair - I couldn't pass him to return the favor - something about me weighing more than the displacement of my wife's XR250, go figure. Although, I think I'm the only one that didn't chew up a rear tire on the slickrock - 250cc thumpers just don't have the guts to spit knobs :)

Brian

Yeah Brian, I ate my share too! I'm tooling along, digging a trench, minding my own business, when all of a sudden this little guy flys past and squares off a corner throwing pounds of red powdery sand in my face! I hit the gas to catch him and dig a deeper trench. Serves me right for riding without goggles and watching the scenery!

And you can usually tell an MX guy on those drop offs. A 4 foot drop means nothing to them accept they can't quite pull off a nac-nac - not enough air time! :)

Jake

I don't know Jake.

Kevins wrist and shoulder injuries are possible evidence of a failed nac nac attempt?

Bryan...