Ims 4.0 Tank Graphics - Suggestions

I just finished installing the IMS gas tank (white) and while it looks great on the bike, it does look kind of bare. I was wondering if anyone had any success in finding and keeping attached any tank graphics...ie: Factory Effex, XRs Only, etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Mate I realise you are new but you must please specifiy the model of your bike.

These forums are in dire need of splitment!!!

You might have a XR600R, XR650L or XR650R.

Can you see the reason for being specific?

Mate I realise you are new but you must please specifiy the model of your bike.

These forums are in dire need of splitment!!!

You might have a XR600R, XR650L or XR650R.

Can you see the reason for being specific?

Probably does not matter. The IMS 4.0 is for both the 600R and the 650L so the graphics would be the same. A 4.0 IMS for the 650R does not exist. Daniel, there are two very large posts on this forum and Advrider that will show you probably most of the versions out there to compare. Do a search on both for "650L Pics" or "Show 650L". I have seen both XR's Only and IMS graphis that are very sharp looking.

I just finished installing the IMS gas tank (white) and while it looks great on the bike, it does look kind of bare. I was wondering if anyone had any success in finding and keeping attached any tank graphics...ie: Factory Effex, XRs Only, etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Yes you can buy my brand new IMS tank with XR's graphics on it complete with new petcock. Just not gonna use it, going back to stock. Make me an offer I can't refuse....

Sorry, I have an XR650L. I have found several sticker kits. just wondering how to keep them on the plastic.

prior to appplying the graphic decal - clean the tank with isopropyl alcohol then peel off the laminate cover off the decal sheet and carefully - yet quickly apply the decal, smooth out bubbles if any, with a flat non metallic blade or wiper. I did this on my RED IMS tank with XR's only decals and it looks factory perfect.

Yes you can buy my brand new IMS tank with XR's graphics on it complete with new petcock. Just not gonna use it, going back to stock. Make me an offer I can't refuse....

Hey MOTOSPRTMAN...I sent you a PM on the tank.

Gas tends to evaporate through the plastic which causes the decal to peal off. Most tank graphics have slots every 0.5" or so to allow the vapors through. If your set of graphics don’t have these, you can cut them in yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished applying my XR's only graphics. I cut them down to show more of the white tank. They come with 1/8” holes every 1/2". I ran a couple of tanks thru, I then followed the provided instructions. Looks great!

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m62/walshdanielm1965/HPIM0998.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m62/walshdanielm1965/HPIM1000.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m62/walshdanielm1965/HPIM0999.jpg

• Like 1

I've also never had amy luck keeping decals stuck to my clarke tank. So anyone have the tank graphics with the holes in them on their bike long enough to verify they'll stay? How are they a year later?

Bosshog

I've had good luck with Factory Effex graphics on a black IMS tank. I didn't do anything special beyond trimming the red away that I didn't want to show. There's some bubbling on the right side, where the morning sun hits it for a few hours, where I part it at work. This is going on the second summer of riding with the black parts.

i have factoryeffex graphics on my ims tank and they seem to be holding up great after the first year. they were even removerd and re-stuck after being on for the first month (didnt like how i positioned them) and still are sticinkg as good as day 1. some pics in my garage, didnt come out too good but you can get the idea.

• 3 weeks later...