HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darren_Santilli

Tyre width

4 posts in this topic

Was wondering what size tyres you guys are running.

Ive just had a bridgestone ED660 fitted in a 120x90x18 size and it looks a bit on the narrow side. The tyre that came on the bike from new was a "mitchelin comp enduro" and was a 130x90x18 size.

Should I have opted for a 140 Bridgestone?

What are the ups and downs of going wider or narrower?

Taffy.- I'd be interested to know what tyre you are running as your bike must have come with the same tyre as mine.

PS

the 120x90x18 ED660 is the bridgestone recommended fitment for a WR400

Thanks in advance

Darren

'00 WR (uk spec) blah blah

[This message has been edited by Darren Santilli (edited 10-14-2000).]

Darren

i'm running a michelin 130/80 x 18. it was onspecial offer from Off Road Only 'ORO' for just £35. it's a winter tyre. good value too.

my friend supplies me with Maxxis tyres at trade price & i'm not too happy with the front but the 120 rears are very good.

all the enduro boys (UK) are running 130's if that's any help.

Taffy

Randy Hawkins runs a 100/100/18 basically a 125cc tire on his 426 says he likes to slide the back around a bit and that the smaller tire helps. Not that I agree I run a 120 no need to go wider althogh pontiac seems to think wider is better :)

Basically a wider tyre will give a bit more traction but they tend to make the bike stand up straight when coming out of a corner.

You don't really notice it until you run a 100 or 110 and the the bike just won't come upright after corners! :)

------------------

--

**Ride it like you Stole it!**

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop

Discounts for ThumperTalk members.