Powerful airfilters

Those who have tried aftermarket airfilters,

do you beleive there was any worthwhile performance gain over standard. Or is it just a sales pitch.??

What brands have given you a good run in performance as well as standing up to use.

That's a good question. I noticed a little more bottom end when using a White Brother's powerfilter. It may have been psychological, though. One thing I can say is they are very well made and appear to have superier filtration qualities based on the foam quality. Also when the airfilter gets wet it seems to bog less than the stock one did-maybe it drains better and retains less water?

The only reasl way to tell is to test on a flowmeter or dyno. Seat of the pants sometimes gives inaccurate results.

If you have any performance questions on the WR then give Phil Tomlin a call on 02-63423899. He is a performance tuner & importer, from Cowra, NSW. Great bloke & very knowledgable, & tests his improvements on his dyno. Regards, AMTRA, NSW.

I have never felt a difference using a aftermarket air filter. I also have run the K & N's on my vehicles, whick claim horsepower gains and have not felt that either.

I buy them more for the improved "cleaning" that they do....nothing to good for my baby!

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

Originally posted by AMTRA:

If you have any performance questions on the WR then give Phil Tomlin a call on 02-63423899. He is a performance tuner & importer, from Cowra, NSW. Great bloke & very knowledgable, & tests his improvements on his dyno. Regards, AMTRA, NSW.

he also has a web site http://www.400thumpers.oz-au.com/ptr/

------------------

RodH Canberra, Australia<A HREF="http://www.400thumpers.com" TARGET=_blank>

400 Thumpers Australia</A>

2000 WR400F See Photo's and Modifications