The White Bobber Semimotard Rat 600R

Very lean lookin man. NICE !!!!

A rat ? NO WAY !

I'd like to see close up's of the side panels and saw that was done on a few others as well.

Does everyone just make their own pattern? Did you or just drew on them till you were satisfied with the look then cut away ?

I'd like to try it but not till I get a second pair, don't want to cut originals you know ?

Very lean lookin man. NICE !!!!

A rat ? NO WAY !

I'd like to see close up's of the side panels and saw that was done on a few others as well.

Does everyone just make their own pattern? Did you or just drew on them till you were satisfied with the look then cut away ?

I'd like to try it but not till I get a second pair, don't want to cut originals you know ?

Lucky for you I just got a new digital cam and I'm still fiddling with it.

"Rat" is a designation in my own mind that makes it easier for me to go to town with the Dremel. Fenders, sidepanels, nothing is safe. Plus the fact that I wasn't concerned about "F"ing up that hideous purple color.?

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/FZ1426/000_0005.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/FZ1426/000_0006.jpg

Looks great!!! I just got a '96 XR600R bored out & with a hot cam & Supertrapp. I have been day dreaming about doing this, but have wondered if the suspension will support some hard canyon carving. What if anything did you do to the suspension to firm it up? Also, what tires did you go with? Thanks!

Looks great!!! I just got a '96 XR600R bored out & with a hot cam & Supertrapp. I have been day dreaming about doing this, but have wondered if the suspension will support some hard canyon carving. What if anything did you do to the suspension to firm it up? Also, what tires did you go with? Thanks!

If you ask me the suspension is fine. You can firm up the rear with spring/damping adjustment. The front...well it's good enough for what the bike is. You could always mess with spring rate and oil viscosity.

An 18" front wheel would be ideal.

It's got a Battlax 120/80 x 18 rear and a Metzler marathon 90/90 x 21 front.

Uni or twin air & No Toil ?

I have heard the K&N can leave finer particals of dust through, just what I heard though.

Also, I used the K&N in a few vehicles and never got a bit better gas milage or noticed any signifigant improvement so I'd say for sure, go with a foam job.

Hi, sorry about hijacking. Can't remember how to post a thread, duh! Does your XR600R have a small (drain?) hole under the second cooling fin on the right side of the head almost directly under the 'C' on the 'RFVC'? Does anyone else know about it/what it's for? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze. p.

p.s. on a 1990 XR600R