yz426 shift drum removal!!

Hi there, the 5th gear on my bike its gone , so i take it apart de transmission to change it, but I have a question , How do i remove the shift drum to inspect it? there its a 12mm bolt in one side of it, im wondering its that the one I need to lose to remove it or how to? any advice are welcome.

Yes , i already have the cases split, but I dont see any bolts attached to the shift drum, I already remove the 2 smalls size 8mm, the only one that i look its a 12mm bolt inside the segment.

Yes , i already have the cases split, but I dont see any bolts attached to the shift drum, I already remove the 2 smalls size 8mm, the only one that i look its a 12mm bolt inside the segment.

Did you remove the detent and spring from the clutch side?

The parts highlighted in pink on this image.

shiftdrum.jpg

and heres what it looks like from the clutch side.

_MG_7037.jpg

There is a stud/bolt that goes through the center of the detent drum on the clutch side that holds the shift drum in place. as seen in these pictures.

_MG_7040.jpg

_MG_7038.jpg

If you did the disassembly correctly, the entire trans, shift forks and shift cam should be in the LEFT crankcase. The whole assembly then simply slides out together. If you left it in the right case, you probably didn't remove the guide plate/index lever/segment assembly that Team Scream points out. That should have been done first.