the new Zuk sure looks sweet on paper

yeah, just trying to show what the 2 strokes were always good for, and that the hard re-start has always been an issue for some on the 4 strokes....

When all the bikes go EFI, they'll probably all eventually be electric start like the orange bikes.

It wasn't a problem with my '59 BSA Goldstar Clipper, my '68 Matchless G80, the G85, the '71 Victor B50, any of the Norton twins, etc., etc. It's actually a kind of modern 4-stroke issue. :thumbsup:

Technology like this is nothing to be afraid of. Wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry about jetting issues everytime the climate changes? Fuel injection allows your bike to run clean 100% of the time without being a carb tuning expert. Plus adjustments can be made with the touch of a button via a handheld programmer. If people are willing to spend $800 on Ti exhuast then a programmer will not be out of price range for most riders. I wouldn't expect to pay more than $300 or so, ecpecially since the 16 bit system is about as basic as it gets. I just hope they make the parts able to hold up to the abuse of MX and cross country riding, that's the real issue.

Technology like this is nothing to be afraid of. Wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry about jetting issues everytime the climate changes? Fuel injection allows your bike to run clean 100% of the time without being a carb tuning expert. Plus adjustments can be made with the touch of a button via a handheld programmer. If people are willing to spend $800 on Ti exhuast then a programmer will not be out of price range for most riders. I wouldn't expect to pay more than $300 or so, ecpecially since the 16 bit system is about as basic as it gets. I just hope they make the parts able to hold up to the abuse of MX and cross country riding, that's the real issue.

I agree, wholeheartedly. I was up in the mountains today on my street bike ('03 Yami FZ-1), and it was dying for air......running quite rich at 12,000 feet...thought I was on the verge of fouling a plug, but it worked fine once I got back to lower elevations.....ah, but my wife's '06 FZ-6 (fuel injected) ran crisp and solid the entire way....

You mean you want your 4 stroke to act more like the "antiquated" 2 strokes???

:thumbsup:

When I want my YZ450 to behave like my KX500, I will just shave all the knobs off the YZ's rear tire, and pour some Klotz oil in the fuel tank..... :thumbsup:

It is still a Suzuki

A new FCR typically costs $900, all by itself.

A 40mm FCR list for less than $600.

The hardware is pretty simple, with the injector itself being the most expensive, high precision component.

So a single injector cost more than a fuel pump or a throttle body?

The only problem with that bike I can find is the tiny 6.4L fuel tank.

Still waiting for Yamaha though.

A 40mm FCR list for less than $600.

So a single injector cost more than a fuel pump or a throttle body?

The carb for an '06 YZ450 (2S2-14101-00-00) lists at $809 at Crotchrocket, and retails at $965.

I don't know how The Japanese will package things, but it's not unusual in the automotive world for one injector to cost more than the throttle body, no. Often 50% more, in fact, if you look at simple, single bore throttles. There just isn't much to the throttle body, and the TPS is almost always sold separately. Throttle bodies that approach the cost of an injector are just over priced.

The injector, OTOH, is quite a little marvel. On a modern motorcycle the injector must deliver a precisely metered amount of fuel over a hundred times per second, responding to changes in the delivery rate in under 10 milliseconds, and keep doing that for several hundred hours.

I see one huge problem with this whole thing.

The bike is still Yellow and has that weird "Suzuki" logo, hah.

It's definately cool, but i'll be much more excited when my beloved Yamahas are the ones with EFI, as of right now, I could care less.

...as of right now, I could care less.
Oh, come on, you're intrigued, just a little bit, aren't you? :thumbsup:
The carb for an '06 YZ450 (2S2-14101-00-00) lists at $809 at Crotchrocket, and retails at $965.

Ouch! Well the ones I looked at for a CRF were like $580 retail, but you can find them for $500.

I don't know how The Japanese will package things, but it's not unusual in the automotive world for one injector to cost more than the throttle body, no. Often 50% more, in fact, if you look at simple, single bore throttles. There just isn't much to the throttle body, and the TPS is almost always sold separately. Throttle bodies that approach the cost of an injector are just over priced.

The injector, OTOH, is quite a little marvel. On a modern motorcycle the injector must deliver a precisely metered amount of fuel over a hundred times per second, responding to changes in the delivery rate in under 10 milliseconds, and keep doing that for several hundred hours.

Well before I got back into bikes, I was into the Honda/Acura scene. I never saw injectors cost anywhere near what a TB cost. Maybe about 1/4 of the price. And the only way you could even get a TPS, was to buy the complete TB.

Oh and I know it won't be the exactly the same, but I was looking at some parts for my dad's fuel injected Rincon and I found the TB for $388, the fuel pump for about $140 and the single injector was $85. Those prices were on BikeBandit, so I don't know if they're retail or what.

So at least for the Honda, it looks like there shouldn't be a significant price increase if they do go EFI. But we all know how that goes....

Arent aluminum fuel tanks illegal for racing? I could have sworn I read that somewhere...

Arent aluminum fuel tanks illegal for racing? I could have sworn I read that somewhere...

I'm pretty sure that's only if they're not a stock part. Ricky used an aluminium tank when Suzuki used the "Non-production rule" in 2005, the first year of racing the RMZ450.

Oh, come on, you're intrigued, just a little bit, aren't you? :busted:
Haha, dont get me wrong, its bitchin'. But I was the first in line for the brand new 07 RMZ250, but now I can show you a picture of it with no engine bolted in because it seized before it got too the 15 hour mark.:thumbsup: But all is well, an 07 Yamaha 250f and 08 450 on order, im happy.:thumbsup:

TB's will cost more than the TPS's

So will we be seeing Hot Sauce rockin' EFI in the Nationals/Supercross next season??

So will we be seeing Hot Sauce rockin' EFI in the Nationals/Supercross next season??

It sure looks that way, aswell as the other RMZ riders.