A cool trick?

I read in Dirt Rider magazine that you can use a heat gun to remove white marks that are the result of crashing on Yamaha blue plastic. Now, I never crash

:) however, I was wondering if anyone has tried this. Does it work?

This is an old trick to use a heat gun (perferred) or a high watt professional hair dryer to remove the white spots that develop for some reason in Yamaha blue fenders both stock and aftermarket (ie Acherbis, etc)

I don't know how many PROFESSIONAL HAIR benders we have on the forum so use the heat gun and be carful not to over do it and melt the plastic--go slow.

Clark

[This message has been edited by Clark Mason (edited 10-01-2000).]

How bought this for a trick I read in the same issue of Dirt Rider

Spray baby oil under the fenders and other locations where heavy moto-mud might clump up and stick.

Then the dirt will come right off. For MX tracks, this sounds like the best tip I have heard of in a long time.

I haven't tried it yet, but can envision it will save a lot of clean up time.

john, WD40 and lots of Armor All will do the same thing. However; baby oil will give your plastic that fresh smell and soft feeling we all love! :)

Originally posted by John in Long Beach:

How bought this for a trick I read in the same issue of Dirt Rider

Spray baby oil under the fenders and other locations where heavy moto-mud might clump up and stick.

Then the dirt will come right off. For MX tracks, this sounds like the best tip I have heard of in a long time.

I haven't tried it yet, but can envision it will save a lot of clean up time.

Whoa I should try putting it on my Dad to see if it keeps my roost off him. :D

------------------

Mike from Oregon

2000 WR400 :) White Bros E-series S-bend :D Throttle stop cut :D Acerbis handguards :D

[This message has been edited by BlueHondaEater (edited 10-01-2000).]

Originally posted by Bryan Bosch:

I read in Dirt Rider magazine that you can use a heat gun to remove white marks that are the result of crashing on Yamaha blue plastic. Now, I never crash

:) however, I was wondering if anyone has tried this. Does it work?

You know what is going to happen now? We are going to piss off our girlfriends/wives by leaving their hairdriers in the garage...as if we don't do that already by riding blue betty too much.

Kermit, you are a wise man indeed! :)

Thanks Bryan :)

Back in the day we used to use that PAM (cooking lube for pans) stuff on fenders to keep mud from sticking. Sprays on so it is a little easier to apply. I'll bet a silicon spray would work too.

[This message has been edited by Heywood (edited 10-03-2000).]

Originally posted by kermit:

You know what is going to happen now? We are going to piss off our girlfriends/wives by leaving their hairdriers in the garage...as if we don't do that already by riding blue betty too much.

I already thought of that!!

Brought my own for the bike!

YES .. it does remove some/most of the white marks.

------------------

--

**Ride it like you Stole it!**

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop

Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

Originally posted by Matt Porritt:

I already thought of that!!

Brought my own for the bike!

YES .. it does remove some/most of the white marks.

Well said Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now