HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
So_Cal_Erik

Header Pipe

5 posts in this topic

Get the DMC headpipe or the FMF powerbomb header, they both seem to work well. I have used the DMC with the stock WR and YZ mufflers with much improved bottom/ mid gains, without losing any top end. I sold the header recently though as a package deal to another thumperhead. Erik

------------------

So Cal Erik

Visit my club's site at <A HREF="http://www.ruts.org

" TARGET=_blank>www.ruts.org

</A>

I'm new to the four stroke world and I think I picked a wenner going with a 2000 WR400. I do mostly woods (hare scramble) type riding, but every now and then I hit the track. Last weekend I really hit the track, after lauching over a forty foot table top and coming down on the front wheel , then sliding the bike on it's right side. The guard, I guess to protect you from getting burnt(certainly not to protect the header pipe), caught the ground and folded my header pipe. Instead of paying someone to straighten it, I figured I get a new one. I've searched the archives and gathered WB makes a tapered pipe that, improves low end? FMF makes a dual pipe that probally improves high end? The bike has gobs of low end, so I'm not concerned about that, I would like to do something about the mid range but don't want to hurt the low end. The archives say alot about pipes but not header pipes. I guess it would be nice to able to change the oil filter without taking the pipe off, but its really easy to get it off. I have no plans of changing the gas tanks. Do y'all have any suggestions? Thank you.

The White brothers header pipe hits real strong in the midrange... tried the dmc head pipe (on my buddys wr/ he bought the whole system from eric, mentioned above) hits strong in the low but dosent seem to hit real hard in the mid.... course his bike is still stock jetted so that could definitly make a differance!

Shane, I'm sending the subframe out to you on tuesday. Bump the needle up one notch (move the clip down one position) and see how that works, or increase the main a size or two and see how that works. Erik

------------------

So Cal Erik

Visit my club's site at <A HREF="http://www.ruts.org

" TARGET=_blank>www.ruts.org

</A>