Exhaust System

Anyone interested in selling that stock YZ 400 / 426 exhaust? I have a '99 YZ WR 400 and dented the [stock] exhaust (the header is fine). I would like to replace it with a stock YZ "can", or an aftermarket can / system. Pretty low on funds so I'm looking for someone who upgraded and has the a unit sitting around taking up space in the garage. Please help! :)

Check ebay there were a couple on there.

Thanks but I checked before I posted my message. I just checked again, but no dice!! Hopefully one will turn up soon.

Originally posted by sbellmoto:

Thanks but I checked before I posted my message. I just checked again, but no dice!! Hopefully one will turn up soon.

i know a guy who has some. let me know if you are interested.

Are the 01 YZ and WR mufflers the same except for the removable baffle?

Originally posted by sbellmoto:

Anyone interested in selling that stock YZ 400 / 426 exhaust? I have a '99 YZ WR 400 and dented the [stock] exhaust (the header is fine). I would like to replace it with a stock YZ "can", or an aftermarket can / system. Pretty low on funds so I'm looking for someone who upgraded and has the a unit sitting around taking up space in the garage. Please help! :)

Sbellmoto, check your PM and give me an e-mail yz426f@msn.com ~Hitman~

I have a stock exhaust for a 01 wr426 that I am not using. If It will fit I will make you a great deal . Herman

Thanks for all the responses [so far], and maybe I could use a little advice. I haven't paid much attention to stock silencers, but I think all WR units are the same as mine ('99WR400). I'm attempting a low budget way to better hp (mostly on top) by getting the oval section YZ [stock] unit and eventually cutting 3"-4" of it off (and re-riveting the end-cap on). I've heard this will help make a little more hp at the upper rpm range. Since I am "street legal" I will do some street "droning" until I get to the next trail! Am I on the right track here or just dreaming? By the way, I'm intending to keep the stock header. The jetting is not stock but is perfect right now and it runs like a beast from bottom to top, starts first kick and never pops. I think a "trimmed" YZ pipe would be perfect and even if it only runs just like it does now, I can't complain.

Anyone tried or using the CRD tail pipe?