XR650L pilot jet question

Several searches have yielded different answers. Is the pilot jet that comes stock a different series than what is used to replace it? The OEM pilot appears to be a 26 series and the recommended replacement is a longer 21 series. Does that sound correct?

The OEM shorter pilot is recessed into the carb while the 21 series appears to be flush.

Also someone gave a part number for a hex style main. I bought the 8mm round to replace the the same style OEM main jet. Which is correct?

Several searches have yielded different answers. Is the pilot jet that comes stock a different series than what is used to replace it? The OEM pilot appears to be a 26 series and the recommended replacement is a longer 21 series. Does that sound correct?

The OEM shorter pilot is recessed into the carb while the 21 series appears to be flush.

Also someone gave a part number for a hex style main. I bought the 8mm round to replace the the same style OEM main jet. Which is correct?

i ran into that too. didnt switch em tho cause i bought a fcr.

The longer one is incorrect, but will work.

I'm not sure, but I think the longer one I'm using might make it a little richer than the 'proper' one.

If you use the longer one, you may need to trim the slosh baffle to keep it from covering the pilot jet hole.

Dave

i found those mains in the little podunk shop also LOL got a 162 and 165 for testing but im sure the pilot is the 21 series but i had alot of those so didnt have to buy any