Race Fuel?

I just got my '00 WR last week. I had a '98 WR and I was reading the '00 manual and it specified Premium Unleaded 95 octane or higher. My '98 manual specified unleaded fuel. I always ran premium pump gas in my '98 and I was wondering if anyone was running leaded race fuel or aviation fuel and if you notice any difference.

Bradley

I have used race gas in my WR from day one I have used race gas even when I had a 2 stroke. When I did use pump gas it made the engine oil dirty faster and it gummed up the power valve on the two stroke that I had. I had to clean the power valve after every other ride. Then I switched back to race fuel and I would take the power valve apart after 8 rides and it was still clean. I can't say that I notice a difference in the way it runs but I know it keeps things alot cleaner inside the motor. The fuel I use is 100 octane unleaded. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Bradley:

I just got my '00 WR last week. I had a '98 WR and I was reading the '00 manual and it specified Premium Unleaded 95 octane or higher. My '98 manual specified unleaded fuel. I always ran premium pump gas in my '98 and I was wondering if anyone was running leaded race fuel or aviation fuel and if you notice any difference.

Bradley

i used to run avgas on my roadracer, also octane booster. there are no benifits unless the compression is very high-say a genuine MEASURED 12.5 to 1 or 13 to 1. this is a rough guide.

THE OCTANE BOOSTER WILL MELT THE PLASTIC FILTERS INTO A SCREEN SO NO FUEL CAN GET THROUGH. your bike will start ok & then it won't rev.

if your compression is too high the engine won't rev out. my special ducati roadbike used to be 14 to 1 but wouldn't rev beyond 8,500 & it was meant to go to 11,000.

race fuel doesn't give you a power boost it's the resulting higher comp you run that does. higher comp means a boost in the midrange more than top.

but boy will it f*** with your bottom end. it will show up any cock ups like o dear i forgot to change the oil. the little man with his hammer comes a knocking!!!

Taffy