Honda four stroke MX

Here

Honda said they will make an announcement on Sept 16. I know they will race it in the upcoming SX and MX season but my friend won't tell me who the rider is going to be. My guess is Mike LaRocco???

------------------

The proceeding nonsense brought to you by MotoGreg

On two wheels (or 3) since 1970

'92 GSXR 7/11 (Until I get a shwangy 916)

'99 WR/YZ400F 'Cause thumpers rule and two strokes drool!

Visit my photo album for the bargain price of $75 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - EVIL LURKS WITHIN!

I'd have to say that's a good guess MotoGreg.... I don't think the young guys would put up with diminished oppurtunities for success by riding a bike that is not 100% as good as a factory 2-stroke 250... especially for SX... but an older guy like LaRocket will maybe look at it as an oppurtunity to extend his career and get a little extra PR..... as long as they don't cut his pay!.... and maybe up the win bonus..... The other thing is ....Is Yamaha going to put somebody back on the YZF?.... I figured they didn't after Button got hurt because they were probably still paying him and didn't want to pay a new guy when they knew they were going to have to cough it up big to retain McGrath in 6 months... Maybe put Tim Ferry on it?... Maybe they will try for LaRocco.

mike passed on testing the bike so i doute

he would race it

I heard that all the Honda guys tried it out.

Well, I just got home from riding at Elsinore and Steve Lampson went out there with my friend... I know that he won't be riding the four stroke... but you won't believe what he will be riding next year...

------------------

Visit my photo album for the bargain price of $75 - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - EVIL LURKS WITHIN!

.....Tease!!..... But I'll bite.... KTM 125SX in the SX and MX ?.... KTM has to step up to the plate and play with the big boys sooner or later if they want more than the enduro/HS market... and they could probably get Lamson cheap enough if he thought the bike was good enough..... Am I warm?... Or Husky CR125??... they tried to do it with Chiodi.

Grant Langston (SA) won the 2000 125 World Championship this year on a KTM125. He will be coming to the USA next year to ride the 125 class on a KTM. In the latest MX Des Nations he kicked Pastrana's butt both motos.

Yep, the South Africans will be back next year so watch out.

I heard Haster for Lammy.........

What's a Haster?

------------------

You know.... a Hastervarna... like I used to ride..... Or as a friend of mine calls them.... a Hunk-of-Varnish.

Oh, I see... Well, that sounds about right then.

------------------

So, Motogreg, what's the word? Did Honda make it's announcement of the new bike yesterday or are they going to delay it as they seem to do with everything new? Just curious...

Chris,

Click on the "Here" on Greg's topic statement. This will put you on Honda's website. There you can download the SOUND of their new mx'er. It sounds like it has some displacement.

With all the griping about the 4-stroke rules racing the 250 class (lowering the displacement limit for the 4 strokers) I am curious about Honda's approach. Wasn't Honda griping about the whole thing too...???

------------------

99 WZ, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat, jetting by Clark/James, got forked by Pro Action, DSP airbox, PB Header, Stroker SX-1 SA, Thumper Rad Guards, Acerbis Hand Guards. Moab, HERE I COME!!