HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TuningFork426

graphics turning from white to yellow..............

17 posts in this topic

I don't think you can remove the yellow. Its from the gas fumes coming thru the plastic tank.

Drain your fuel at the end of the day before parking it and your stickers and tank will keep their color 8 times longer then letting it sit all week with gas eating at the plastic and graphic kit.

Its better for your fuel too beings the bikes gas tank is vented and this only flatens the gas over the week.

LOL...Uthoo you must have been there? Is that really true cause I have been using it for years now and would make sense?

I tried armor all protectant, armor all cleaner, car wash soap, plast x, car polish, car wax(no idea why i tried the last 2 hope i guess)

no results at all, guess ill just buy a graphics kit even though the shroud graphics are still like new.

Thanks for the keep the gas out when not riding recommendation.

2 words...soft scrub. Take some soft scrub put it on a soft cloth and rub it into the graphics. Makes them white just like new again. Ive been doing that for years and I even use that stuff on white boots and that makes them white again as well. Your welcome :-)

The reason that nothing you put on the outside of tank graphics will turn them white again is because they turn yellow from the inside out, not the other way around. But have fun scrubbing if you like.

It takes like 30 seconds to bring the color back not 5-10 min. The white on my graphics dont usually turn yellow, the white turns dirt brown or something from my pants.

I'm no expert but know a little about plastics. The PVC could be degrading due to either UV exposure or chemical degredation. This could be accelerated due to permeation of the PVC by hydrocarbons.

If this is the case.....there is only one thing to do. Replace em.

I'm no expert but know a little about plastics. The PVC could be degrading due to ... chemical degredation... accelerated (by) permeation of the PVC by hydrocarbons.

If this is the case.....there is only one thing to do. Replace em.

A wordy, long winded, and otherwise precisely correct way of saying what has already been said; the tank graphics turn because the fuel fumes come up under them through the tank itself. Note that the shroud graphics right next to the tank don't turn like that. You can't scrub it off, because it's not on, it's IN.

thank god the newer bike have graphics just on the shrouds, as long as you don't take a ground sample they will stay looking good for a long time.