Just picked-up a 98 XR650L

Over the years on this forum, I have been a KTM 520 EXC owner, a KTM DukeII owner, a Suzuki DRZ 400 (highly modified), and as of today after being bikeless for over a year I am back again having just picked-up a used 98 XR650L from a bike shop owner/friend. Its in great shape with 5400 miles on the odo, fresh rubber, the carb mods completed on it, and the stock muffler modified to remove some of the baffles. It runs great, has a nice tone, but isn't overly loud which should bode well with the local authorities.

I was looking for a dual sport that would be user-friendly for 50mile round trip commutes from time-to-time and the XR is much better equipped for the road tasks than my previous 520 EXC or DRZ 400 were. I am fortunate to have some great dual sport riding areas literally right where I live, so the bike will get to see plenty of creek crossings and backroads riding as well as the blue highway treks from time-to-time. I will have to get some pics of the bike posted soon.

Btw-if anyone has any passenger pegs/brackets they want to sell, pm me.

Thanks!!?

Jeff

Thanks for the feedback and welcome! I spent a bit of time searching and reading posts in this particular forum before going down the XR650 L path, but after reading through the many posts (some good, some bad), I really felt the XR would be well matched to my needs, and easy to maintain over the long run. More than anything, I wanted a bike that could handle some longer treks as required, and from what I have read the bike is up to that task, especially with the large capacity fuel tank options available.

Anyway, I look forward to hangin out on the forum in the future and learning more about the XR, doing some mods here and there, and sharing some of my experiences as time passes.

Thanks again!

Jeff ?