HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terrain Rider 4z

2000 WR400F Electrics on a 2001 YZ426F

2 posts in this topic

I have researched the past posts, but couldn't come up with the specific answer.

I have a buddy parting out a 2000 WR400F and am wanting to light up my 2001 YZ426F. I know there are stator wiring mods to keep from burning up the 426 CDI, but could I take the following WR parts and be in a Plug and Play situation:

Flywheel

Stator

CDI

Wiring Harness

Regulator

Would I suffer any performance loss? My 426 is woods-ridden only and I think I can get the parts for $250. Will it work :thumbsup:

I have researched the past posts, but couldn't come up with the specific answer.

I have a buddy parting out a 2000 WR400F and am wanting to light up my 2001 YZ426F. I know there are stator wiring mods to keep from burning up the 426 CDI, but could I take the following WR parts and be in a Plug and Play situation:

Flywheel

Stator

CDI

Wiring Harness

Regulator

Would I suffer any performance loss? My 426 is woods-ridden only and I think I can get the parts for $250. Will it work :thumbsup:

Pretty close to it,

You would most likely want the light switch as well (hopefully this is included with the "wiring harness").

Other than that it should be plug and play.