Two strokes are way more fun

I have been coming to this forum for over 5 years and I thank all that have helped me and good luck to all that I may have helped. I loved my WR and it was a great bike that never let me down. Other than regular maintanence I never had to do anything to that bike. I miss the 2 stroke and I'm jumping back on one. My only complant with my WR was the weight so I'm going as light as I can. I'll still pop in once in a while.

I got a great deal on this.

IMG_2536.jpg

That thing is sweet! Can I have it??

Don't disappear on us, you know we are depending on you come in and terrorize this place frome time to time.?

I would love to one of those and the WR Deciding which bike to ride are the type of problems I need.

Assuming you came off a WR450, how does the power of the 200 2-smoker compare? The weight of that KTM is ideal for sure. Owning a 2-stoke is great, it's riding behind one that sucks. I spent a day last year following one of those 200s through a series of new-to-me trails. It would have been healthier to stay home and smoke cigarettes.

hmmm, you only lost 27 lbs dry weight and you don't have lights (247 vs 220lbs). Seems like the 200 should be 210 pounds or less.

...I guess that's why the #1 choice off-road bike according to thumpertalkers was the 210-pound YZ250 smoker (if I remember correctly).

hmmm, you only lost 27 lbs dry weight and you don't have lights (247 vs 220lbs). Seems like the 200 should be 210 pounds or less.

...I guess that's why the #1 choice off-road bike according to thumpertalkers was the 210-pound YZ250 smoker (if I remember correctly).

Say's who....

I ride in the district 37 enduro's and scrambles. The Yz250, while popular, is NOT the #1 choice as far as I can see.

KTM's rule the desert racing scene. Every brand and model (2 and 4 strokes) are represented.

Good on ya Bamster!

Now, I love my WR450F and all, but yes, it is too heavy.

I got my self a nice CR500R to play with.

Hopefully it will become a CR500AF, when I sell/trade the WR for a CR250R.

I am still disapointed Yamaha never made a decent 500 2 smoker.....

You fool the yz450f is the way to go!!!:busted: It has the power the light weight and the four stroke realiablity.... trust me I had a KTM300mxc and an XR400 at the same time... ?

Don't get me wrong I like brapping with the rest of 'em but I wouldv'e went to the yz-f instead of the ktm. The ktms are more spendy to fix and harder to get aftermarket parts for. Oh well good luck to you.?

I could have got an 04 WR 250 that is still new but has never sold ,for about the same price. It was a hard to decide. I just felt the KTM would still have a better resale in the next few years,,,and I just wanted to ride a 2 stroke again. For the grin factor. Being able to street legal it was an added bonus.

I find the WR's feel heavy up front compared to any KTM. I was faster in the woods and didn't feel beat up after riding. The only WR's that handle close if not as well is the 06 and 07 WR 250 but I'm 170 pounds and 42.

Say's who....

I ride in the district 37 enduro's and scrambles. The Yz250, while popular, is NOT the #1 choice as far as I can see.

KTM's rule the desert racing scene. Every brand and model (2 and 4 strokes) are represented.

There was a poll on TT that asked for nominations of the best 2006 motocrosser, enduro bike, etc. The YZ250 had the most votes as I recall in the enduro poll. I agree it's no baja'er.

Whatever trips your trigger laddie! Its all only opinion and what matters is what makes you happy. Me, I would never trade my 07 WR 450, but I am coming from a DRZ 400...talk about heavy for this novice.

I love 4 stroke performance and features, but no doubt the 2 smokers is less maintenance and cost. KTM is a great too like the Yami. Can't go wrong either way.

I have been coming to this forum for over 5 years and I thank all that have helped me and good luck to all that I may have helped. I loved my WR and it was a great bike that never let me down. Other than regular maintanence I never had to do anything to that bike. I miss the 2 stroke and I'm jumping back on one. My only complant with my WR was the weight so I'm going as light as I can. I'll still pop in once in a while.

I got a great deal on this.

IMG_2536.jpg

hey whats that big bulbus chrome thing under your tank? a new version of the mega bomb? jk. but don't forget a pocket full of sparkys! I would'nt trade my '07 wr for anything, but I do have my eye on a mint early 70's husky. oh to be young again! just want to bring some diversity to my stable. cheers

I have recently jumped on an 02 WR426 and still getting used to the power. Before this I had (and still have) an ancient Kwacker KMX200. Out and out power, the WR blows it away. For light trials, comfort, vibration and userfriendlyness the KMX wins. I guess its just what your used to so Im going to stick with the WR and tame that beast...