HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redswr

08 WR... 2lbs heavier???

13 posts in this topic

i was just checking out the yamaha site and saw no changes in the new WR other than it being 2 lbs heavier... anyone know why?

I don't know why it's heavier but I bought a 07. To think the 08 is 2 pounds heavier and no significant changes, puts a smile on my face, now I can wait for the 09's.:thumbsup: Jeff S

i was just checking out the yamaha site and saw no changes in the new WR other than it being 2 lbs heavier... anyone know why?

That's probably a more accurate indication of the 07 weight and they decided to come clean with the 08!

Guys the tank is a new plastic that apparently allows less fuel to permeate through it. Its a CARB thing for the green sticker cert. The YZ won't have the new tank b/c its a closed couse competition model. The new tank would easily account for 1.5 lbs of that if not the whole 2 lbs.

Complaining about 2 lbs on a bike that weighs close to 250 to start with is trivial.

Guys the tank is a new plastic that apparently allows less fuel to permeate through it. Its a CARB thing for the green sticker cert. The YZ won't have the new tank b/c its a closed couse competition model. The new tank would easily account for 1.5 lbs of that if not the whole 2 lbs.

Complaining about 2 lbs on a bike that weighs close to 250 to start with is trivial.

your so smart Joe... and yet you still ride a TTr... j/k

less decal bubbling?????

the new style tanks don't have a place to put decals, they are sunk into the frame like on the Yz's

your so smart Joe... and yet you still ride a TTr... j/k

Ha Ha its a waiting game now. :thumbsup:

The TT-R is like a short fat girlfriend.

1. It always works

2. Never gives me any problems

3. Does anything you want it to w/o complaining

However, I've grown tired of the weight and the bored of the power. I'm looking for a more attractive, taller, slimmer model :busted:

I'll post a ride report as soon as I get one and get it all dialed in :thumbsup:

Ha Ha its a waiting game now. :thumbsup:

The TT-R is like a short fat girlfriend.

1. It always works

2. Never gives me any problems

3. Does anything you want it to w/o complaining

However, I've grown tired of the weight and the bored of the power. I'm looking for a more attractive, taller, slimmer model :busted:

I'll post a ride report as soon as I get one and get it all dialed in :thumbsup:

my friend....this is well said....i couldnt have said it any better my self!

good call on that one, ya a new tank