08 WR... 2lbs heavier???

i was just checking out the yamaha site and saw no changes in the new WR other than it being 2 lbs heavier... anyone know why?

I don't know why it's heavier but I bought a 07. To think the 08 is 2 pounds heavier and no significant changes, puts a smile on my face, now I can wait for the 09's.:thumbsup: Jeff S

i was just checking out the yamaha site and saw no changes in the new WR other than it being 2 lbs heavier... anyone know why?

That's probably a more accurate indication of the 07 weight and they decided to come clean with the 08!

Maybe it's the seat height? It's .1 inches taller.:thumbsup:

yea im sure 1 more inch would REALLY add 2 pounds

maybe they mad the seat cover thicker... i heard they tear easy.

Guys the tank is a new plastic that apparently allows less fuel to permeate through it. Its a CARB thing for the green sticker cert. The YZ won't have the new tank b/c its a closed couse competition model. The new tank would easily account for 1.5 lbs of that if not the whole 2 lbs.

Complaining about 2 lbs on a bike that weighs close to 250 to start with is trivial.

less decal bubbling?????

Guys the tank is a new plastic that apparently allows less fuel to permeate through it. Its a CARB thing for the green sticker cert. The YZ won't have the new tank b/c its a closed couse competition model. The new tank would easily account for 1.5 lbs of that if not the whole 2 lbs.

Complaining about 2 lbs on a bike that weighs close to 250 to start with is trivial.

your so smart Joe... and yet you still ride a TTr... j/k

less decal bubbling?????

the new style tanks don't have a place to put decals, they are sunk into the frame like on the Yz's

your so smart Joe... and yet you still ride a TTr... j/k

Ha Ha its a waiting game now. :thumbsup:

The TT-R is like a short fat girlfriend.

1. It always works

2. Never gives me any problems

3. Does anything you want it to w/o complaining

However, I've grown tired of the weight and the bored of the power. I'm looking for a more attractive, taller, slimmer model :busted:

I'll post a ride report as soon as I get one and get it all dialed in :thumbsup:

Ha Ha its a waiting game now. :thumbsup:

The TT-R is like a short fat girlfriend.

1. It always works

2. Never gives me any problems

3. Does anything you want it to w/o complaining

However, I've grown tired of the weight and the bored of the power. I'm looking for a more attractive, taller, slimmer model :busted:

I'll post a ride report as soon as I get one and get it all dialed in :thumbsup:

my friend....this is well said....i couldnt have said it any better my self!

good call on that one, ya a new tank