HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
02YZ426

Holeshot Launch On 06

7 posts in this topic

Where do you guys mount the button on the fork guard? I have the Pro Wheels version with the double button and tried mounting it front center on the guard. It seemed to be the best spot and probably the strongest but didn't work out the greatest. Problem is the guard is a bit too rounded and the button part is flat.. so it didn't get a great seat. I was looking at the guard and maybe the side of it would be better, but its still rounded there and might tweak the guard when locked in :thumbsup: Imput is appreciated thanks.

I'd love to help but I only race offroad...my motocross days were over long ago.

I mounted one on my '03 450, it came with a template that gave me 3 height choices. Mine has the button right on the front of the guard. One other thing to consider, the holeshot devices I've seen are model specific, due to bikes having different shaped fork guards. Any chance yours is for a different bike?

I mounted one on my '03 450, it came with a template that gave me 3 height choices. Mine has the button right on the front of the guard. One other thing to consider, the holeshot devices I've seen are model specific, due to bikes having different shaped fork guards. Any chance yours is for a different bike?

I wondered that.. but it seems this one is made to fit all. The ring fits the fork like a glove, but that darn button doesn't sit nice and flush. I think I may pick up another fork guard and try something different. Maybe I can heat up a flat piece of steel and push it onto the front of the guard, making the spot where the button goes more flat. If that worked then the button would fit perfect. Only other option would be to mount it on the side of the guard where its naturally flat, not sure if it would work proper though.

Look at some of the Pro bike pictures. I think I've seen some that were mounted on the side. Maybe that's the way yours should be. Sorry I'm not more help.