Bike got louder again!

Started the ol' 06 up today to get it preped up for riding this weekend and wouldnt you know...... it got louder:censored: The last time it done this it had 15 hours on it and I changed the packing and that is what is was. Now it has 31.1 hours on it and it done it again:mad: Why want the dam packing last any longer than this:excuseme: Looks to me like you could go at least 45 hours in between packing intervals. Is there a reason that the packing is blowing out at about every 15 hours? Iam useing the DRD repacking cause thats the kind of pipe I have on it the stainsteel one. Is anyone else having this problem and do you have a solution to it?

i've got 25 hours on mine and i haven't had to touch the silencer yet.

Do you plug the end of the pipe when you wash it? If not this may be your reason....Water kills packing....also most pipe manufacturers will tell you repack every 15hrs....not that this is the dead fast rule. I would try a different type of packing if you are plugging the end of the pipe to wash it...

Do you plug the end of the pipe when you wash it? If not this may be your reason....Water kills packing....also most pipe manufacturers will tell you repack every 15hrs....not that this is the dead fast rule. I would try a different type of packing if you are plugging the end of the pipe to wash it...
Yea!....I always make sure the plug is in before I wash. I try not to wash it much cause of water getting in the bearings. If it isnt just extremly dirty I just let it go but due to the last time the packing blew out so fast and seeing another guys thread on here where his one was blowing out every fifth hour I went ahead and ordered three repacking tubes from DRD(since they are sponsoring me this year)to have on hand. Iam going to listen close after repacking this time and if it goes again around the 15th hour I am going to call DRD and see if they know what is causeing it or if that is the usual time for it to go, If it is then I will try a different type of packing to see if it will last longer. The DRD type packing is easy to install, it comes in a inclosed sheath that is sewed together with a cardboard tube run through the center of it.All you have to do is slide the tube down the silencer and fit the packing to silencer and then pull the tube out(thats it).