Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

changing tires?????

6 posts in this topic

changing my paddle back to knobby, does anyone have any tips on getting the second bead off. meaning the wheel out of the tire? i've got two cheap 10" irons. which side do i work from etc. thank you to whoever makes this easier.

Ok, I'm no help to you but I need to get a paddle within the next two weeks. Are you using a 8 or 10 paddle? I think the wr with all the yz mods should be able to pull a 10 paddle ok??? Has anyone else tried different ones :)

------------------

'99 WR400

'92 GSXR 7/11

Visit my photo album at your own risk! http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=45608

Originally posted by greg b:

changing my paddle back to knobby, does anyone have any tips on getting the second bead off. meaning the wheel out of the tire? i've got two cheap 10" irons. which side do i work from etc. thank you to whoever makes this easier.

Wow, hit enter toooooo quick last time, sorry. I find it easiest to pull both sides of the tire to the outside of the rim, leaving the rim in the middle, which you can offset and pull out easily.

I am sorry to disappoint you but I ran the 10 paddle off my old KTM 550 the first time I went to the dunes. I really thought it was fine but I probably would choose an 8 if I had it to do over again. They are a little lighter and can spin a little more. My 60 horse KTM yanked with a 10 paddle. Rocket fast like riding on pavement.

Greg.

Use lots of soapy water and muscle.

Or, you can use Armoral. That works great and is VERY slippery.

Put it all over the bead and rim. And, make sure the tire is warm.

Hope this helps,

Bryan...

P.S. Only REAL men change their OWN motorcycle tires! You da man!

:)

[This message has been edited by Bryan (edited 02-09-2000).]