Big gun SDS Velocity header and Silencer

I also have a 2000 WR400F and installed the the "FMF Powercore IV Muffler" and "Standard FMF Head-pipe". Iv'e only had a chance to ride the bike once and my opinion is that it's not too loud. Again, that's my opinion. My friend has a 98 WR400F and he took the bike for a short rip. He definitely noticed an increase in power through the whole range. This bike has explosive low to mid grunt.

------------------

Dan in Washington

2000 WR400F

Yes, the "Standard" Hi-Flo Head-pipe. They make two sizes (Standard and Desert). The standard pipe, which is almsot the same diameter as the stock pipe, gives you more low to mid-range power and the dessert pipe, which is larger in diameter, gives more top-end power. Therefore, I would recommend the standard for what your trying to achieve.

------------------

Dan in Washington

2000 WR400F

My opinion is the power core IV is tooo loud. The best pipe for quietness and a performance gain is the FMF Mega Max. I just happen to have one for sale. It will not fit under my new carbon fiber side panels. These side panels fit tighter than stock so I must run my loud e-series.

Anyway I have the complete FMF Mega Max and the FMF ceramic coated standatd performance header for sale for $190.

Clark

I have run the Yoshimura racing Ti exhaust system-too loud for me but excellent performer. My friend purchased it from me for his 426. It out performs stock YZ, FMF power core IV and probably everything else except the DSP. Yoshimura makes the Ti pipes for DSP so the performance will be similar. The Yosh was a upper mid range and top end pipe.

WB e-series Carbon fiber pro-meg with the WB titanium tapered head pipe. With more than 7 disks it is loud. I run 12 its loud. This combo gives good bottom excellent bottom to mid range pull but is soft on top. It does not rev out like the Yosh or the FMF. If I used the WB racing header then it would shift power upstairs (ie top end better bottom end worse). The power band on this pipe is very good.

The FMF Mega MAX II with the FMF ceramic coated head pipe is I think and excellent all around performer and the one I like the best of this bunch--but it doesn't fit under my Carbon Fiber side panels. It is quieter than the others even with 12 disks installed and it comes with a quiet core which makes it very quiet at the expense of performance. Excellent low end torque and mid range pull and it does not sign off on top like the WB--probably due to header. This pipe on top revs a little slower than the Yoshimura but is an excellent performaer for trail riding situations. How it compares to a YZ pipe don't know but it is quieter. It would be on my bike now if it fit. As to cost I'v seen the tail section as low as $199 mail order and the header goes for aroung $125 discount. This exhaust system is in excellent condition and comes with the quiet core and head pipe spacer so you can run either the stock header or the FMF header.

Clark

No, I purchased the PC IV-SA (spark arrestor). The square pipe wasn't available yet. Even if the square pipe was available, I would of purchased the PC IV-SA. I spoke with a few riders in the area that have tried different combos, and they recommended the PC IV-SA with the standard FMF head-pipe. Also, the crisp sound of the pipe is a good thing!!! ?

------------------

Dan in Washington

2000 WR400F