HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glenn

00 wr 400 idle

6 posts in this topic

Just picked up my new W.R. on 2/5. On cold starting it seems to have an unusally high rpm idle with choke on. Anyone else experience this?

My 99 is doing the same thing. It idles very high with choke on and when I turn the choke off it will die shortly after. I have yet to find a common ground. It just started doing this a couple of months ago.

Hey guys,

I am not an expert, but it sounds like there may be something sticking in the carb. Maybe there is some dirt, OR, the dreaded cracked slide... AGGGGGHHHHHHH :)

------------------

Motard Mitch

Isn't the increase in rpm due to the enriched fuel mixture with the choke on? I have seen several other types of 4-strokes do this, also. Nothing was wrong with them or their carburetion. I personally wouldn't worry about it. As for it stalling when you turn off the choke, isn't that because the motor isn't warmed up completely?

Originally posted by Glenn:

Just picked up my new W.R. on 2/5. On cold starting it seems to have an unusally high rpm idle with choke on. Anyone else experience this?

I have a oowr and it did the same.Change to a 50pj @ 2out.I found the jet at a honda dealer,Yamaha was on backorder,I bet every new wr needs one.
1 person likes this