HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
responding

New hubs?

3 posts in this topic

I have to replace the wheels on my 02 WR426. What I'm wondering, is if I would be better off replacing the wheel /hub as a set, then having to pay for truing and all. I could lace the new wheels myself, but would like to know the advantage of replacing the hubs as well. Is this something worth doing, only if you break a hub, or is there a performance advantage as well?

I would think on a used bike you would be ahead money and time if you bought a used set of wheels from the bay or craigslist. I might be interested in a set of hubs. PM me if you decide to sell and good luck!

Ok, thanks. I just bought a new rim and spokes at the store here, and am just going to lace them myself, and pay a shop to true them. Couldn't find any good 18" wheels on ebay.