HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tw557

05 yz450f triple clamp help

7 posts in this topic

I want to put 1-1/8 bars on an 05. My stock clamp is 7/8". With the 06 or 07 stock clamp work on my 05 to allow me to use 1-1/8 bars. Thanks

I dont think so because I think the '06 and up has the forks set wider apart. I could be wrong, but I think that is right. Double check before you buy one.

Would the adapters be going the wrong way for you? ... They only bring the bars up about a half an inch (which in all honesty is pretty good considering most people raise their forks up 5mm anyhow) ... On top of which they're cheap and easy ...

Buy the adapters for $30-40 or buy an aftermarket clamp for $120-up. I'm in the same position myself....I think I'm going to go with the Fastway Fit system so I can mount my GPR and have better handguards as well....3 birds with one stone. It's about $180

With the 06 or 07 stock clamp work on my 05 to allow me to use 1-1/8 bars. Thanks

To answer your question no, the '06-'07 clamps will not work on the '05...

I would just buy a new top clamp, my preference is http://brpit.com/ ...

Thanks for the help. I might try the adapters. I think I will be okay with the 1/2 extra height. Thanks again