HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pumpkinhead67

XR650L Mileage

34 posts in this topic

NOT mine LOL your lucky bible, if you do some mods youll prolly be in the mid 30s to higher 30s depending on your weight and how you ride it and street or around town.

mine has a fcr41 pumper, e2 slip on and i can get 54mpg on hiway if im easy on it. if!!

2001 XRL, Daves mods, Pro Circuit T4, UNI filter etc.

anywhere from 35-45 mpg commuting, off road, local stuff etc. to 50 mpg on long rides without a lot of stop and go.

I'm looking at upgrading and was wondering what kind of mileage you guys are getting. Thanks

Dave

46 mpg - uncorked, DJ 165 main, 55 pilot, Uni filter, WB E2 pipe.

2006 with no mods and 16,000 mi. at 50 mph I get 60 mpg, at 55 it drops down to 50+.

LUCKY BASTARDS lol but ill bet most of you dont weigh alot prolly noone over 225 getting 45/50 mpg on the freeway at 75 mph. I did my daves mods and went 58/162 and ill see how she runs on the freeway when i get a chance to take her out, its too damn hot right now to take it back n forth to work. Looking at a sportbike tonight just have to decide which one i want to get HMMM tough decision LOL

Looking at a sportbike tonight just have to decide which one i want to get HMMM tough decision LOL

Oh I gotta jump on this as it fits right into my line of thinking as of late however I had an awakening and came back to center point again. Thanks be to God!

I have never been a Harley Davidson fan, but they do look "normal" as a cruiser type of bike goes and I just thought I may buy one to take the place of the XR650L on the highway. So, I broke down and shopped .... for a Harley. Countless hours oline at thier website reading, looking deciding. Applied for the financing the whole bit and yesterday went shopping. Just knowing I would become - in addition - to my offroad fetish a "Wild Hog" Rider. :cheers: I found after being in a Harley Davidison dealer for over 2 hours, :thumbsup: not one bike to my liking, nothing really tickled my fancy, you know the feeling of - Oh man I just gotta have one of these! never happened. What I found were bulbous, heavy antiquated designs, with hard seats and poor suspension, rider positions were okay on some, and flat uncomfortable on others. About the only ones I liked were the 1200 Sportster and a Dyna Wide Glide, but the wide glide felt like a boat anchor, about as heavy as a dump truck full of wet gravel. Yours! for only 20K :thumbsup:

Bottom line, forget it. For the riding I do and what I want in a bike nothing beats my BIG RED, the awesome, XR650L. :busted:

yeah im not gonna sell my L i got too good a deal on it and i like riding it around town, im in the desert so it will get its workout its just NOT the bike to ride back and forth to work or take a long ride. I could i just would like both so i can ride whatever i want.

LUCKY BASTARDS lol but ill bet most of you dont weigh alot prolly noone over 225 getting 45/50 mpg on the freeway at 75 mph.

I weigh in over 225 and do 70-75 mph on the freeway. I'm getting around 35-38 mpg. Which sucks compared to my stock mpg, also I haven't put the large gas tank on so I fill up everyday I ride to work (70 mile round trip).

I'm running Dave's mods with 58/159-60ish (i drilled my main but pin guages at .0628)

2001 XRL, Daves mods, Pro Circuit T4, UNI filter etc.

anywhere from 35-45 mpg commuting, off road, local stuff etc. to 50 mpg on long rides without a lot of stop and go.

I'm about 250#.

Stock 07 650L...highway driving I get an easy 50mpg.....

.....my Harley Davidson Street Glide gets around 40 to 45 mpg which is pretty good for such a heavy bike.:thumbsup:

I have an 07 XRL with an edelbrock , uni, fmf slip on and an opened airbox. I am getting between 35 hammering it or about 45 if I ride like a responsible person.