2008 YZ450F "Punched Cone” muffler.

The new 08 “punched cone” muffler ever on a production bike allows 35 percent length reduction and 270-gram weight reduction. Sounds really sweet. The 08 has a larger header too. Any way this might fit on a 06 YZ450F?

IMO

...since it'd be from Yamaha OE parts until aftermarket guys decide whether or not to make it, it'd probably be more like $1500 for the full system... and avail probably 6+ months after the first 08 YZ450 bikes are released.

wait there will be the ones that rip the stock system off before they even ride the bike and put on a new carbon fiber system . ...ebay ....

wait there will be the ones that rip the stock system off before they even ride the bike and put on a new carbon fiber system . ...ebay ....

true. but, if it's like normal they check OE price first, then know what they can "get" for it. i'd be pumped to have one too... just wanted to be mr. devil's advocate! ?

DPW... get rid of your extra water yet??

true. but, if it's like normal they check OE price first, then know what they can "get" for it. i'd be pumped to have one too... just wanted to be mr. devil's advocate! ?
History does not support your theory. The price I quoted was the retail for an '06 header and muffler. In spite of the fact that there would be reasonable justification to ask 50% of retail for "like new used", how many have even come close to asking that?

Someone will give one away for $100, and that will be the end of the lucrative used market. ?