HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huffa 2

Michelin AC 10 front tire

3 posts in this topic

I just got a L a week ago and it has a brand new AC 10 on the front.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=WES_87-9368_G&tier2=218

While it looks like a excellent tire for dirt, it seems like it will be dangerous for on the road if you really like to lean the bike through turns.

It is DOT approved and Michelin states it will grip good on street but it can't possibly compare to a more street oreinted tire I would think?

Since most of my riding will be on the street, I think I'm going to take it off but wanted to ask on here 1st, see if anyone has used one for a fair amount of street riding and hear their opinion on it.

I did a search and didn't come up with much concerning the L model. Tons of info but mostly on the DRZ and it was a lot of trail talk, how great they are.

I have AC 10's on my XRR. The frt tire is a little scary in wet turns (street(....so, be Careful!) They are great on dirt though

I have run 16 rear tires and 10 front over the last 2.5 years.

First set on the XRR right now, all others on my DRZ.

This is just me, but I think they rock on the road ESPECIALLY when wet. I did a long trip last year (about 3200 kms, 2500kms dirt) and one section of very windy road (read: Cabot Trail in Cape Breton, NS) in the rain and could not believe the grip. Me at 175 lbs, the DRZ at 300lbs, panniers and rack loaded at 100 lbs and I was leaning over pretty far. Several years of road racing under my belt, so it was more than likely too far...