best fit bags 650l

hey guys,finally gettin to the point to take some long adventure rides and wondering what the best fitting saddle and rear bags that work good on the 650l,kind of like the wolfman rear and ortlieb saddle but want ur experienced opions ....thanks...mike

hey myself and three other xr650l's are on our 2nd ride(500 miles and 450 miles). we use wolfman (cant remember if its the alpha or beta bag, plus the rear duffel). PERFECT for this stuff! we also use the pro moto billet rack. amazing what you can stuff in those things!?

Do you have any issues on the exhaust side of the bike? How do you keep the saddle bags from hitting/melting on the exhaust?

just exactly what i thought,has anybody tried saddle bags and if so do u use a support system under them,seen one on ebay that looked pretty good,but i really dont think youd have to have it.the wolfman looks great,and think ill try one of the front number plate bags.....thanks guy and see u on a trail ....oh and ive been meaning to get some pics, but my camera took a dump and havent got it back yet ,but i will get some on here asap....thanks

i dont have any issues with the exhaust at all. the e2 pipe is long enough to sneak under and past the bottom of the bag. the bag rests on the side cover and there are no heat issues. they dont come into contact.

Glad to hear it. Any chance you have a picture of the exhaust side? I just want to see how it sets up. Thanks!! ?