Love my new gear combo 15/48

I put a dualsport kit on my bike and do quite a bit of highway riding, the stock 14/50 gearing was too low for my liking, rpm's very high while cruising. I dropped 2 teeth off the rear and added one up front to make it the same as the austraulia version of the WR450 (which comes street legal there) and I must say I love it, I can power a wheelie right up to and including 4'th gear and can still pull her up in 5'th, lots of power down low and she don't feel logy at all, I though i would lose some power down low but i can honestly say I never noticed ANY loss, and the rpm's dropped significantly, just like if I added 6'th gear. Just wanted to share my findings with others who may be considering doing a similar thing, Go For it imho...........................

We get 14/50 stock just like you guys.

I did get a 15 tooth in the spares kit with my '05.

Must get some crazy speed now Max!

what top end to you get ?

Cheers

Muz

:thumbsup::busted::thumbsup:

Ive Motarded My wr 450 05 Im running 15/42 and 17 inch wheels.

She will do 100mph and still has good punch.Most Awsome

I need to re-gear my 426. It's Dual Sported here in California and 55-60 mph is all I can get with stock gearing. I put a 15 up front, but had to remove the case saver to make it fit. Will the chain still fit with 15/48?

15/48= .3125 ratio. I'm able to do 65+ with 13/52=.25 ratio. Man, you must be able to do 80+mph:eek:

I put a dualsport kit on my bike and do quite a bit of highway riding, the stock 14/50 gearing was too low for my liking, rpm's very high while cruising. I dropped 2 teeth off the rear and added one up front to make it the same as the austraulia version of the WR450 (which comes street legal there) and I must say I love it, I can power a wheelie right up to and including 4'th gear and can still pull her up in 5'th, lots of power down low and she don't feel logy at all, I though i would lose some power down low but i can honestly say I never noticed ANY loss, and the rpm's dropped significantly, just like if I added 6'th gear. Just wanted to share my findings with others who may be considering doing a similar thing, Go For it imho...........................