Tree branch 5 feet into bike

My 07 450 suffered severe damage. A branch sticking out of the trail impelled into my new bike. Entered left radiator, punched through my gas tank and ripped out the airbox straight out the back. Taking her in tomorrow. Sounds expensive?

good thing it didn't hit you in the wanker area!!

My 07 450 suffered severe damage. A branch sticking out of the trail impelled into my new bike. Entered left radiator, punched through my gas tank and ripped out the airbox straight out the back. Taking her in tomorrow. Sounds expensive?

Id like to see a pic of that .

Wow... not many can say they survived that. Good luck with the repairs - at least it didn't rip your leg, guts and/or nuts open. Damn.

yes expensive, but be glad that the branch hit the bike not you, damn, i want to see pics

Wow... not many can say they survived that. Good luck with the repairs - at least it didn't rip your leg, guts and/or nuts open. Damn.

Yeah, it may not be fun repairing the bike, but better it than you.

I remember a guy getting impaled by a branch like that. Went right through him right below the rib cage. He survived namely because he was only an hour or so away from Emergency care. Scares the crap out of me just thinking about it.

Id like to see a pic of that .

Ya definetly need pics of that!

Good to hear it didn't impale you in the process. Like the others said, it could have been a lot worse. Consider it a 'cheap' repair job.

Bummer, lets see some pix. Several years ago my XR600's carb got jousted by a branch and tore it out of the rubber engine mount. Didn't hurt a thing. just loosed the clamp and re-aligned it. Got lucky.

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I had a spill and busted the front wheel and forks on my 07. I recommend doing a seach under Ebay: motorcycle parts. There are a few sellers that part out new bikes so you can get new parts at a fraction of the price you would pay for them at a Dealer. It cost me $750 for new forks and a new complete front wheel. I would have been looking at $2K otherwise. Good Luck man.

Sucks man did you have the metal radiator gaurds?

Whow, are you sure it wasn't a log not a branch?? Also a picture would be greatly appreciated...

Better the bike than a free John Bobbitt procedure.

Then you'd have to pay for the addadictome surgery - and I bet that ain't cheap.

:thumbsup:

come on bro PIC's, PIC's, PIC's!!!

I am starting to think that this did not happen, because if it happen to me I would have post pictures right off the bat and I would still be looking at the photos... Wondering how in the :thumbsup: I made it out alive or with all body parts intact!!!

So let's see 'm

wingnut16

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

impaled not impelled

impelled is what ones oil pump does

Pix pix pix please

Some pics w.ould be nice

Entered left radiator, punched through my gas tank and ripped out the airbox straight out the back.

doesn't sound like any radiator guards would've helped on that one!