HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kevinwr450f

'07 wr450f exhaust

24 posts in this topic

I'm looking to put an aftermarket pipe on my bike and was wondering if anyone has any input.:thumbsup: I think all I need is a slip on since the header pipe is pretty big. FMF , White Bros, Yoshi???? Thanks

I put the blue anodized FMF TI Powercorp slip-on on my 07. It comes with a sparky as well. I like the fit as it barley sticks out past the side plate. Bike runs great.

I put the blue anodized FMF TI Powercorp slip-on on my 07. It comes with a sparky as well. I like the fit as it barley sticks out past the side plate. Bike runs great.

I second the FMF TI Powercore.

237138241.jpg

I went white bros. I kinda wish I had went FMF due to the WB-E2 is very big (pic).

Its sounds great I would just like a smaller pipe, anyone want to by a WB-E2....

Picture1337.jpg

Picture1340.jpg

Dr. D is also another great choice. Doesn't stick out far, good price, sound and power.

IMG_0261-1.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

Their website says "no more than a 100db". They also sell a quiet insert that lowers the sound by ~ 3db.

Their website says "no more than a 100db". They also sell a quiet insert that lowers the sound by ~ 3db.

Too loud :thumbsup:

Too loud :thumbsup:

Second that. My neighbor runs that pipe - Nasty loud:thumbsdn:

I have the White Bros E2 slip-on and really like it, the matt finish makes scratches invisible and the sound is great and is 96db compliant with the spark arrestor. 102db without.

Chris

1 person likes this

I am running White bros xcr it is a little on the long side but u get used to it price was right 299.00 looks and sounds good 96db with s/a

I have the Leo Vince X3, it is a huge cannon off the back....do not like that part of it, but it does work well and is not too loud. i tryed out my friends Ti Powercore and it was quite loud. has anyone sound checked with that pipe yet? The powercore has more mid, which is why i ride a thumper....but i do not want the annoying loud bike that is ruining our reputation.

Fact - Any performance, quiet exhaust is going to be long... about the only advantage you can expect to achieve is through light weight matls $$$$.

Personally if it's only looks that bother us... big deal, if you sound check at 96 db and sneek up on and pass your competition he will think to himself as you blow his doors off, "geez that pipe is long and ugly" :thumbsup:

I am running stock can on my 07' with the $45 GYTR end cap and it is very quiet but pulls hard, after four races this season I am way out front in first place points in my class (A class - GP's, Hare Scrambles)...

you're right. but i want the best out of both worlds. i think i will install a stock 06 yz 450 can. keeping our sound down is a big thing, but if i am climbing a hill at 96 dbs or 99 dbs, i am still a loud bastard either way.

you're right. but i want the best out of both worlds. i think i will install a stock 06 yz 450 can. keeping our sound down is a big thing, but if i am climbing a hill at 96 dbs or 99 dbs, i am still a loud bastard either way.

The YZ can is a good option :thumbsup:

The 07 YZ can is quiter than the 06. It's what I run on my 07 WR down in Baja with a PMB end cap and SA. Here, in Ca, I run the stock WR can with the PMB insert (looks exactly like the GYTR).