HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
123BigcoopDawg576

New Handle Bar Search

4 posts in this topic

im looking for some advice on handle bars. i currently run protaper contour ricky carmichael bends. like the everything about them but the fact that i have bent two pairs now. one was a hard crash and this last time was a washout in some sand and bang bent bars.

i have been looking in to renthal fatbars. they are about 20 bucks more. are they worth it. is this bar a better one. i know the renthal carmichael is about .8 inches taller then the protaper.

what are your guys opinions? thanks

Aaron

im looking for some advice on handle bars. i currently run protaper contour ricky carmichael bends. like the everything about them but the fact that i have bent two pairs now. one was a hard crash and this last time was a washout in some sand and bang bent bars.

i have been looking in to renthal fatbars. they are about 20 bucks more. are they worth it. is this bar a better one. i know the renthal carmichael is about .8 inches taller then the protaper.

what are your guys opinions? thanks

Aaron

I just found out that Easton (baseball bat mfg that was making ProTaper Bars) lost the patent on the design or mat'l so Pro Taper is now a chickety chang knock off made by the lowest bidder :thumbsup:

I run these handle bars. I like them so far. The biggest problem I had was attaching my handguards(MSR). I ended up having to go with the Fastway setup w/bar mount attachement. I dropped the bike down a pretty rocky section not to long ago and they were fine. Bent the handguard slightly that was it. The Bike fell to the down side pretty far:eek: Hit pretty hard:eek: and I thought for sure they were toast:cry: Not the case:thumbsup: My mistake, I have the twin walls-but I'll keep my post up!