New Handle Bar Search

im looking for some advice on handle bars. i currently run protaper contour ricky carmichael bends. like the everything about them but the fact that i have bent two pairs now. one was a hard crash and this last time was a washout in some sand and bang bent bars.

i have been looking in to renthal fatbars. they are about 20 bucks more. are they worth it. is this bar a better one. i know the renthal carmichael is about .8 inches taller then the protaper.

what are your guys opinions? thanks

Aaron

im looking for some advice on handle bars. i currently run protaper contour ricky carmichael bends. like the everything about them but the fact that i have bent two pairs now. one was a hard crash and this last time was a washout in some sand and bang bent bars.

i have been looking in to renthal fatbars. they are about 20 bucks more. are they worth it. is this bar a better one. i know the renthal carmichael is about .8 inches taller then the protaper.

what are your guys opinions? thanks

Aaron

I just found out that Easton (baseball bat mfg that was making ProTaper Bars) lost the patent on the design or mat'l so Pro Taper is now a chickety chang knock off made by the lowest bidder :thumbsup:

Have you looked at the Pro Taper EVO bars. They are the replacements for the Easton bars?

I run these handle bars. I like them so far. The biggest problem I had was attaching my handguards(MSR). I ended up having to go with the Fastway setup w/bar mount attachement. I dropped the bike down a pretty rocky section not to long ago and they were fine. Bent the handguard slightly that was it. The Bike fell to the down side pretty far:eek: Hit pretty hard:eek: and I thought for sure they were toast:cry: Not the case:thumbsup: My mistake, I have the twin walls-but I'll keep my post up!