HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gearb0x

Newer Rear brake master cyl on WR400

4 posts in this topic

G'day g'day

The other day i noticed my rear brake reservoir was starting to deform from the exhaust. Today i was working on my cousins 06 wr250 and i soon realised how much better the newer setup is. So i thought about getting one from a newer model, did a quick search and it seems other people have here too.

I was just wondering if anyone else can tell me specifics on what model bits they used for the upgrade etc.

Regards,

Phill

A 2003 YZ or WR master will work fine, on the earlier models if you dont have a brake light switch, if you have a brake light switch, you may have to open up the top hole on the frame a slight bit. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=520704

Not sure of the geometry differences between the 03 and 07, or even if an 07 master cylinder will fit, but here's a pic of my 07 master cylinder with a brake light switch. No clearance issues or mods needed.

IMG_8159.jpg

1 person likes this

thanks for the pics guys, the 07 unit looks exactly the same just has slightly different angle of mounting and the sub frame mount is higher in relation to it.

Looks to be an easy job, my bike doesn't have the rear brake switch but i wouldn't mind wiring one in.