HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MountainMax

Yz Exhaust cam and Hotcams Intake ?

6 posts in this topic

I have the yz exhaust cam for now but wondered if maybe i could use a hotcams intake exhaust with the yz exhaust cam, anyone do this? is there much difference in the stock and hotcams intake cams? I would use the hotcams exhaust however it it's even worse then the yz cam for the e start

how much difference is there in the intake cam from yz to wr? i know that the exhaust cam is worth the difference.

Their exhaust cam is definately worth it, most of the gains are just from the different cam timing. :thumbsup:

I have the yz exhaust cam for now but wondered if maybe i could use a hotcams intake exhaust with the yz exhaust cam, anyone do this? is there much difference in the stock and hotcams intake cams? I would use the hotcams exhaust however it it's even worse then the yz cam for the e start

Max, the intake cam (and exhaust cam) has a little more lift and more duration. This means the valves are open a bit longer. Definately visable difference.

Is there much difference over stock? Don't know...... never compared just the intakes. I have read in a mag once that roughly 60% gains come from intake. Makes sense seeing it is providing more air/fuel charge.

Difference must be noticable though, seeing as hotcam set makes ~3hp more top end over YZ cam set.

The hp gains sound great, but i do like the estart. hopefully, someone figures out the estart problem with their hot cams (maybe the guys at Hot Cams will), otherwise i will just keep it stock.

From what I've heard the onyl reason the e-start wont work is when you combine Hotcams with 13.5:1 or 13:1 Compression. If you have 12.3 or 12.5:1 It should work fine.