Photo's of subframe munching my chain!

Just checked my 03 yz after seeing this thread. there is a few scratches on my subframe. Doesn't look like much to worry about tho. Probably just let my chain get to loose a time or two over the past 4 years. Definetly gona keep an eye on it tho. I'm glad I caught this thread!

Seeing that I had the same problem, I made this guard from HDPE; I siliconed and zip-ty'd it...... I have yet to test it though. I'll post how it holds up.

subframe_1.jpg

subframe_3.jpg

subframe_4.jpg

subframe_5.jpg

I tried something like that, I will take pictures of it today. I used Teflon instead it worked good until I started taking jumps now it got wore down a bit.

img1297ts3.jpg

img1299qw9.jpg

In your last photo, is the grindage on the subframe from before installing the guard?

Thats from before, this Teflon it thick enough that it wont hit the subframe on the back corner.

Anyone interested in a subframe guard (see my pics above)? I made several for my friends and I, and I have one left over. They fit snug, and I attached mine with zip-ties and silicone.

Jesse

Anyone interested in a subframe guard (see my pics above)? I made several for my friends and I, and I have one left over. They fit snug, and I attached mine with zip-ties and silicone.

Jesse

PM'ed you.:thumbsup:

Hey Jesse,

I just ordered one of your guards. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Just to make it clear here, do we count notches on the axle blocks from the front or the rear?

WT..F..:thumbsup:

Just buy some L shaped angle iron from ANY hardware store and a set of JB weld.

clean it,

glue it,

be done with it.

No zip ties needed.

I'll make a kit and sell it to you for an easy payment 19.99. PM me:busted:

dont forget 5-10 bucks shipping and handeling :thumbsup:

dont forget 5-10 bucks shipping and handeling :thumbsup:

If you act now, I'll throw in a free roll of duct tape:thumbsup:

If you act now, I'll throw in a free roll of duct tape:thumbsup:

Would that be with written instructions or video? :thumbsup::ride:

Hey Jesse,

I just ordered one of your guards. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Hey Stephen, Thanks.... you got a deal at $5, I am sure you will be happy.

Jesse

And I don't even have to leave the house. Cheers!

just a note,

on my 08 i don't think it's possible for the chain to hit the frame. there are no chew marks as of yet!

its 1.2-1.5" away from the chain.

cheers

Warts

Hve you ridden it yet, my subframe was chewed after 200 miles on my new 08!

Hve you ridden it yet, my subframe was chewed after 200 miles on my new 08!

got 800km's on her.

no marks ? just adjusted the chain one time, been fine since

good luck

cheers

Warts

This worries me.

I know from experience with roadrace bikes that you never trust the swingarm/axle block marks.

The chain has been rubbing slightly on my subframe and the bike has done less than 500km.

My first thought is that I will try to determine that my two sprockets are actually actually aligned perfectly.

I'll try to clamp a straight edge to the rear sprocket (with chain removed) that extends as far up to the countershaft sprocket as possible.

Then I guess it will be a case of determining how much "allowance" I give a particular axle block in order to make the chain run true.

Your thoughts? .... Too pedantic for a dirt bike?

Greg