Had my forks and rear suspension done today

Took my 06 450f to litz racing in Blounteville ,TN. to drop it off to have the suspension redone for my weight today,and he said just bring it on in and we'll get on it:thumbsup: ,He revalved it and put new fluid in and set the sag. Now I just have to wait till monday when Iam off to try it out:cry: at the track. When he had the front forks off I noticed he had a micrometer measureing what looked to be like washers and stacking them on top of one another on the fork,what was he doing:prof: ? I also noted he took some part of the fork to a grinder and ground some off of something. All in all it took him about an hour to redo the suspension and I was pleased with his price $323.00 plus tax for a total of $382.38, I did not need springs. BTW he is with Kawasaki 's supermotard team this year and he had four 450f KLF's to turn into super motard bikes. He has been in the custom suspension business for 27 years and I'am looking foward to trying my bike out.:thumbsup:

Setting up your shims to change how the forks respond. :thumbsup:

I also asked him if I would have to adjust the clickers any at different tracks and he said no that they were already set. I use to have to adjust the clickers all the time and sometimes twice a day during raceday,like when the the track dried out and got hard I had to soften the forks ups. I wonder why now after he redone them why he said I would'nt have to mess with them now.

I also asked him if I would have to adjust the clickers any at different tracks and he said no that they were already set. I use to have to adjust the clickers all the time and sometimes twice a day during raceday,like when the the track dried out and got hard I had to soften the forks ups. I wonder why now after he redone them why he said I would'nt have to mess with them now.

dont fret...your suspension is tunable...he has it set up for most terrain. Now you have the choice to tune to your liking at the track. You may find one place is harsher than other places...etc...Try it on his preset settings and then if you need more or less compression/rebound.

good luck with the suspension. Please let me know if there was a noticeable improvement. Was it worth the money. I am considering having this done over this coming winter.

good luck with the suspension. Please let me know if there was a noticeable improvement. Was it worth the money. I am considering having this done over this coming winter.
I will!!!! Just as soon monday gets here when Iam off Iam heading straight to the track to test it:applause: > Then that night I will get on here and let everyone know how it worked and felt.:thumbsup:

Well!! I didnt get to test monday or tuesday cause of rain but thursday I did,and man was the suspension plush. The track I went to was not groomed or worked up it was hard packed,dusty and loose but the bike handled nice. I dont know what he done to get it to absorb so much of the braking bumps but he did and I didnt feel them half as much as I did before. I cant wait to go to the track I normally go to this sunday cause they have it all groomed for practice. That was the best $382.38 Ive ever spent.........For those of you wondering whether or not to have your suspension redone.....Do it and you will be amazed on how much better it handles.

Just curious...

What kind of tax rate do y'all have there?

$323 plus tax comes up to $382.38?

That's about 18%. :thumbsup:

I'd expect that from those communists in Cali, but in TN?

Ouch.

Good call deciding to have your suspension preped! I have used Factory Connection to set up 6 different bikes for me, and bottom line the best dam $800 you can spend on a bike! Forget pipes, and engine mods, and stupid bling.... a finely tuned suspension will benifit you two fold over a pipe......

SC Spode Tn has a crazy sales tax, but they dont have other things like property tax, and somethign else, cant remember. What he was doing CaptinKnobby was re-valving your bike with differnet valve shims(the washers) and resurfaced your pistons(the thing he grinded) The shims control howmuch oil blows by at differnt points in the stroke. More than likely it ended up like a christmass tree shape which is what makes it get more progressive the further it goes down. You should get some diff. low pressure spirngs if they make them for KYB forks.