HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meterman

what exhaust for 2002 xr650l?????

25 posts in this topic

just did daves mods to carb and took off the smog and looking for a slip on exhaust. something with a quiet core.(dont want to piss of the neighbors at 5:00am) is there a exhaust out there that is quiet like the stock? im thinking of the white bros E2. anyone useing that one? is it loud?

My bike had the Biggun quiet pipe on it when I got it, it was too loud. After reading several exhaust posts on this site, I decided to try the Whitebros E2. To my disappointment, it is NOT quiet.

My bike had the Biggun quiet pipe on it when I got it, it was too loud. After reading several exhaust posts on this site, I decided to try the Whitebros E2. To my disappointment, it is NOT quiet.

Your not expecting these after market pipes to be as quiet as stock, are you?

I'd be dissapointed to buy an AM and have it THAT quiet.

So was the big gun like ear piercing LOUD ?

Do you have it yet ?

Is it this one here ..........

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/product~pf_id~5548590~section_dept_id~1155115~terrain_dept_id~1160656~cat_dept_id~2263615~product_dept_id~2263754~mfr_name~Big+Gun~selection_Path~4.asp

Did your big gun sound like these or quieter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx1LKBfaJ28

The KLX doesn't sound too bad?

all white brothers are loud same with supertrapp you cant get an aftermarket pipe and have it anywhere close to stock even the quiet core for the e2 isnt that quiet, but it still is quieter than others check out dennis kirck

The WB E2 is not the older E seires that is tunable & fairly loud. I am running the E2 on my 650l & do not concider it loud, that said it is a good bit louder than stock. It gives the bike a very deep tone. One of my riding buddy's had the Big gun on his & it was so loud no one wanted to ride behind him as you may suffer hearing loss

The WB E2 is not the older E seires that is tunable & fairly loud. I am running the E2 on my 650l & do not concider it loud, that said it is a good bit louder than stock. It gives the bike a very deep tone. One of my riding buddy's had the Big gun on his & it was so loud no one wanted to ride behind him as you may suffer hearing loss

Hey Coal Run, any way we can HEAR & SEE it on here ?

just ordered the white bros e2.. hope its not too loud if so the neighbors will be getting up every morning when i leave.:thumbsup: plus i got the e2 for dealer cost:crazy: . i couldnt pass the deal

daves mods to the carb sure made that bike fun to ride now..

I dont have one here at work but, It is the same as the one in the link exept the emblem on the side they must have changed that as mine is over a year old

I have an E-2 on my 400ex and with the spark arrestor insert its not that bad i dont think youll be dissapointed. PORK the neighbors i hate mine so i purpously rev my bike and truck up, hes already been over twice i told him to get out of my face LOL old grumpy man. I hope im as impressed with the daves mods im doing mine right now.

Hey guys,

If anyones interested, My 650L has a Pro Circuit T-4 and its very loud.:thumbsup: The engine is uncorked with a Dynojet kit installed but other than that the engine is stock.

On the other hand, My 400R is completely tricked out with a 440 overbore,competition cam, Mikuni pumper carb, FMF header and an FMF Powercore exhaust :busted: and its not nearly as loud as the 650.

I've never owned a White Bros. so I cant help you there.

Just my $.02 worth,:thumbsup:

Rman....

i ended up with the white bros xcr its new and looks sweet. just dont no what it sounds like yet.

xcr.jpg

martin is yours must be a few years old my brackets are billet and riveted on

martin is yours must be a few years old my brackets are billet and riveted on

i actually won it on ebay 1-1/2 years ago brand new. what you told me is what W.B. told me. hopefully they can fix it when i send it in!

i ended up with the white bros xcr its new and looks sweet. just dont no what it sounds like yet.

I looked at 5-7 places, NO ONE has a listing for that muffler for the 650R or L , JUST motox bikes .

You are talking one or the other (L or R) and if so, where did you get it?

So far, makes no sense to me! :thumbsup:

i think they just got them in at whitebros i may have one of the first few. it says on the box 93-07 xr650l i just put it on and its loud.:thumbsup:

i think they just got them in at whitebros i may have one of the first few. it says on the box 93-07 xr650l i just put it on and its loud.:thumbsup:

OH man buddy, that's downright depressing! :thumbsup:

They look so so nice but from what you say are LOUD :busted: ....and that is with the insert installed?

Can I see it on the bike?

Saw one on another post and many were saying the fit is odd and they are very looooong ? Different bike though.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515085&highlight=white+brothers+xcr

Another one (sure hope they don't poke out like that on the L, too long and angled for my taste)

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4885051&postcount=9