HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drop

Pants that don't melt.

11 posts in this topic

Can anyone recommend a good over the boot pant that won't melt to my header? Something that won't break the bank.

I always tuck my pants into my boots. Less chance of the legs getting hung up on anything & no burned pants.

+1 on tucking in.

Take a look at the MSR strike pants, They are over the boot & have two seprate velcro straps to keep the lower leg part tight. one at the bottom & one about 3/4 of the way up the calf. I have had mine for almost 2 years & am still happy with them:thumbsup:

Thanks COAL RUN, I'll check those out. I see some pants have a kevlar patch to prevent melting. Anyone know if it actually works?

Also, will this plastic eventually burn off my pipe or am I going to have to remove it?

I have the Thor Static pants. I love them, highly recommend them and would love to buy another pair. I think the cost about $75-80.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You will have to remove the plastic from your pipe. It will not burn off, it just chars black.

If it's a stock black header, you'll probably have to repaint after physically removing the liquid pants......not to be confused with liquid pants remover. That's a horse of a different color.

I have some Oneal Elements offroad pants that I tuck into my boots. Maybe it's because I have long legs, but I have only brushed the exhaust once. No heat shield either.