Pants that don't melt.

Can anyone recommend a good over the boot pant that won't melt to my header? Something that won't break the bank.

Moto-x pants that fit in your boot.

I always tuck my pants into my boots. Less chance of the legs getting hung up on anything & no burned pants.

I always tuck my pants into my boots. Less chance of the legs getting hung up on anything & no burned pants.

+1 on tucking in.

Take a look at the MSR strike pants, They are over the boot & have two seprate velcro straps to keep the lower leg part tight. one at the bottom & one about 3/4 of the way up the calf. I have had mine for almost 2 years & am still happy with them:thumbsup:

Thanks COAL RUN, I'll check those out. I see some pants have a kevlar patch to prevent melting. Anyone know if it actually works?

Also, will this plastic eventually burn off my pipe or am I going to have to remove it?

I have the Thor Static pants. I love them, highly recommend them and would love to buy another pair. I think the cost about $75-80.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You will have to remove the plastic from your pipe. It will not burn off, it just chars black.

Yikes. Any tips on getting that crap off there?

If it's a stock black header, you'll probably have to repaint after physically removing the liquid pants......not to be confused with liquid pants remover. That's a horse of a different color.

I have some Oneal Elements offroad pants that I tuck into my boots. Maybe it's because I have long legs, but I have only brushed the exhaust once. No heat shield either.