Choice of handlebars for 650R?

To do it correctly you need to get the bars farther forward and higher, the top clamp sucks.

There are many ways to do this including new top clamp:thumbsup: , risers that fit the stock top clamp, then many choices of stabilizers, etc... You just need to figure out how much $ you want to spend and what you really need.

I have Rental CR Hi's that are bent and have been looking for a lower cost option. It seems the different manufacturers definition of CR Hi is different across the board.

Some higher, some lower, some with more rake.

Check specs before buying.

-Z

I run CR-HI on a Scott's sub mount. I'm 6'3" and this works well for me. I stand up 80% of the time when off road.

How about some details on that GPS mount setup? I have an etrex I want to throw on my pig. Do you have it hardwired in or just running it off the AA's? Sorry for the thread hi-jack ?

I had alot of problems getting GPSs to work well on thumpers. they don't like the vibration at all especially when you are using battery instead of hardwire. I killed 3 GPS units on my KLR. I finally shelled out the bucks for a good vibration damping mount and haven't had any issues since.

I'm running a 60CSX on batteries with a Touratech mount attached with Ram mount short arm and U bolt on the handlebars.

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/show.lasso?SKU=065-0095&-session=touratech:2104A815BB298775EBC94F4250758FA6

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/show.lasso?sku=GRBH&-session=touratech:2104A815BB298775EBC94F4250758FA6

Thanks everyone for the overwhelming response. I am definitely going to do a little research on the CR Hi's, and see what the specs are. I really don't care to spend the money on a new top clamp, so I'll try to find something that can bolt right on to the stock one.

How about some details on that GPS mount setup? I have an etrex I want to throw on my pig. Do you have it hardwired in or just running it off the AA's? Sorry for the thread hi-jack ?

The GPS is working flawlessly on the AA battery setup, I can get 8-10 Hours out of it, Duracell of course...? no hardwire, the mount I got at Touratech it's a RAM mount works great.............

How about some details on that GPS mount setup? I have an etrex I want to throw on my pig.

I'm running the same thing he shows in the picture - 60csx with RAM mount (about $35), all on AA, 20 hours battery life usually. Haven't had a problem on the first thousand miles with that setup.

For bars, I am about to install CR hi-bends on the BPR scotts mount (under bar). I'm 6'2" and the stock setup was painfully unusable for standing up

You can run fat bars/protapers with the stock triple clamp if you use an adapter. Severeal companies make them including ProTaper. You can find them in the TT store. That's what I run. They also raise the bars up about 3/8" which is a big help.

The GPS is working flawlessly on the AA battery setup, I can get 8-10 Hours out of it, Duracell of course...? no hardwire, the mount I got at Touratech it's a RAM mount works great.............

Cool. I had it hardwired on my 450x but that had a battery. I'll just run it off of some rechargeable AA's.

lots of us have had issues with the 60CSX Ram cradle not holding on to the GPS when the riding gets rough

I've had it spit mine out into my lap several times. I think it happens when the mount gets older and doesn't hold the tension like when new.

that's why I went with the locking Touratech mount

IMG_6420.jpg

more here; http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222522