HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Polar_Bus

49T to 51T swap, GREAT !!!

3 posts in this topic

I do a fair amount of woods and trail riding to get to my practice track, and I noticed my '07 450 seemed to be geared a bit high in second gear. I seemed to be stuck between 1st and 2nd in the technical trail stuff. I decided to swap to a 51T Renthal , and I am very happy with the results, I was a bit concerned I would loose my beloved smooth power low to mid from this swap, but on the MX track, while I did gain some snap, the power is completely controllable and smooth. Great upgrade for $55 !!

I have an 04' and I'd have to agree as well ... I went from a 14-48 to a 14-51 when I picked up a set of the Ironman Sprockets and what a difference ... Most of the trails I'm usually on I'm just barely getting into second and I'm constantly doing the 1-2/2-1 shifts ... Now I can pretty much stay in second through everything ... Out on the practice track I really don't notice it much ... I'm still always in third out there ...

i traded up to a 52 to due to the fact that i ride trail like 98 percent of the time and i love it.... i can lug threw the tech stuff and where i would be wearin my self out going from 1st and 2nd and vice versa i can pop in 2nd and go