Should I get my suspension redone?

Need your help guys....... is it really worth the money to get them redone or is it just a waste of money? The people Iam going to get to do it is http://www.litzracing.com/shop/aboutus.htm they said it would cost $400.00 to do it and set it up for my style of riding and weight. They also said that they help you out with any problem that you have when at the track and are there to help dial in your bike. They set there trailer up at every race that I run in my region and they do kevin walkers bike which he is a pro rider and man can he ride!!!? So should I get it done or not??

Need your help guys....... is it really worth the money to get them redone or is it just a waste of money? The people Iam going to get to do it is http://www.litzracing.com/shop/aboutus.htm they said it would cost $400.00 to do it and set it up for my style of riding and weight. They also said that they help you out with any problem that you have when at the track and are there to help dial in your bike. They set there trailer up at every race that I run in my region and they do kevin walkers bike which he is a pro rider and man can he ride!!!? So should I get it done or not??

Simple answer is yes, however, a simple question would be, how hard do you ride and where do you ride - i.e tracks, trails, etc?

If you are fast rider and ride tracks mostly and find yourself needing something more out of your suspension, then without question you will notice a significant improvement. If you are just a weekend average rider, it will help, but I don't think you'll be able to appreciate it as much as if you were a faster rider already pushing the limits of your suspension...

Hope this helps.

Well!!! I race mx in VA.,TN.,NC.and SC. and race in the 25+ and 30+ am class. I clear about all the jumps at different tracks and place in the top ten. The reason Iam deciding to have it redone is because I put a set of pressure relief valves on the front forks the other day and went to the track to ride and one of the buttons came off the valve and lost some fork oil out of the left fork and think I might have got some dirt down in the tube. I have a 06 450 and I believe it will cost about $140.00 to get the front forks clean and replced with fress oil. So instead of putting that much money in the forks to just have them serviced I was thinking of just adding a little more money to have the whole suspenion redone if it is really worth that much.

Pay the $$ and get your suspension revalved and sprung for your weight and riding style. You will be surprised how much faster you'll be able to ride with your suspension dialed in.
Are you just BSing or are you for real! Does it really help that much? cause Iam going to take it to him thursday if I decide to do it. I just dont wont to be disapointed and out of $400.00 if I cant feel an improvement. BTW! what exactly do they do to the suspension that really makes such a big improvement in how it handles other than what I do,>>>>like set the sag and adjust the clickers:excuseme: Oh!!! one other thing, He said my weight was fine for the springs that was on the bike when I talked to him yesterday but he said for me to come thursday when he was there so he could talk to me about it. If he said the springs were ok would it still cost $400.00

Are you just BSing or are you for real! Does it really help that much? cause Iam going to take it to him thursday if I decide to do it. I just dont wont to be disapointed and out of $400.00 if I cant feel an improvement. BTW! what exactly do they do to the suspension that really makes such a big improvement in how it handles other than what I do,>>>>like set the sag and adjust the clickers:excuseme: Oh!!! one other thing, He said my weight was fine for the springs that was on the bike when I talked to him yesterday but he said for me to come thursday when he was there so he could talk to me about it. If he said the springs were ok would it still cost $400.00

What weight are you?

& Let us know what you think of your new suspenders (If was worth the money)

You will most likely get a revalve and it will change how the stroke of your suspension. You will be able to fly through braking bumps like they are not even there if they do a good job? Do you ever bottom your bike out when you come up short or overshoot?

You will most likely get a revalve and it will change how the stroke of your suspension. You will be able to fly through braking bumps like they are not even there if they do a good job? Do you ever bottom your bike out when you come up short or overshoot?

I weigh 170lbs with out gear on and I have never botomed out my suspension since Ive owned the bike. The forks and shock are all stock and I really never had a problem out of them other than going to different tracks and having to adjust the clickers trying to get them set right. Seemed like I could never get them exactly set just right, rear end kick out off a jump,bouncing,stiffness,if I got one thing solved I would get another problem. How much is the going rate for having the suspension redone,like just getting it revalved and fress oil.

yes you will notice a big difference if you are a rider that has and can feel the differences in different compression/Rebound and sag changes. I make sure everyone of my bikes are set up for me with certain amts of progression in the parts of the stroke as well as plushness over the choppy stuff. This is all tunable in the valve stacks and a good tuner will know how to manipulate this and other functionality in a revalve. Always do the forks and shock at the same time with cooresponding tuning to the valving front and rear.

The stock suspension is decent - but it is made for the masses. A tuned revalved suspension will allow you to push the bikes past your std limits allowing you to get faster and be more confident at every part of the track. So if your weight dictates no spring changes - you have saved yourself a bunch of $$$. The fact that the tuner will be at the track is a big plus for you as they can tune for you while you are at the track. Always keep good clear precise info in your riding book of the settings you have and the settings you change to to be effective at this. There should be no question whether or not this is worth it unless you a rider that does not take advantage of the suspension set up in the first place.....and finds that you max parts or all of it out at certain parts of the track....bike will handle better to.

A face to face is better to descibe what you need changed - and 400.00 is not outlandish price wise...make sure this includes a complete service of the forks and shock and new fork seals as well as the revalving:thumbsup:

Pay the $$ and get your suspension revalved and sprung for your weight and riding style. You will be surprised how much faster you'll be able to ride with your suspension dialed in.

Exactly. ?

A suspension revalve is the best thing I've done to my bike. Its amazing what custom suspension settings feel like, words can't describe it. ?

Well guys!.. I appreicate yalls advice and helping me decide. Iam going to take it to him tomorrow in the morning and he told me he would have it done for me friday and I could pick it up that evening. If you all say haveing the suspension done makes that big of an improvement in the way it handles......then it is a done deal!>>>>>>Now I just cant wait to start hitting those triples and step ups.

Besure to tell the suspension shop your riding skill level and the type of riding you do such as trail riding, mx or enduro, etc., what you like and dislike about your current suspension setup. Obviously, the more information you provide the better the shop should be able to tune the suspension to your riding level and type of riding. Take advantage of the suspension van at the track to help fine tune your suspension, they should help you with your setup. The short answer is yes, you will feel a big difference, if the suspension shop does a good job.

Besure to tell the suspension shop your riding skill level and the type of riding you do such as trail riding, mx or enduro, etc., what you like and dislike about your current suspension setup. Obviously, the more information you provide the better the shop should be able to tune the suspension to your riding level and type of riding. Take advantage of the suspension van at the track to help fine tune your suspension, they should help you with your setup. The short answer is yes, you will feel a big difference, if the suspension shop does a good job.

All of the responses here have been dead on...But as pointed out, be honest about your ability and specific tracks you ride and where you are having problems or would like to see improvements. If you can't think of where on the track you feel you could use some improvement, then it will make it a little more diffiucult for yout tuner to help you.

Bottom line: As everyone stated, this should be the best money you've ever spent on your bike. If not, then your tuner sucks or you provided poor input. It's really that simple...Please let us know how it turns out.