HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
new2blu

rear brake vibration

6 posts in this topic

I have an 03 WR450 with an intermittent rear brake vibration. This vibration cannot be heard ;but felt in the pedal. I have replaced the worn rear brake pin with no change; I may try changing the brake fuild and see what that does.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else to try?? BTW the pads are original with lots of pad left.

I agree the rear disc is probably bent or warped from old age or from hitting a rock. Check it by 1st putting your bike on a stand with the rear wheel of the ground, then holding a screw driver against the swingarm with the point just touching the rear disc, spin the wheel and you will be able to see if the disc is bent due to the disc moving towards and away from the screwdriver point.

Cheers

Muz

:thumbsup::busted::thumbsup:

Sounds like a warped rotor.

The warping can be very subtle so that it is barely perceptible to the eye but you can feel it in the pedal.

-Jay