Blah - No plates for 08s

this is a real bummer. I was hoping to get a new WR this year but with out a plate riding areas are seriously limited around here. And it is just a pain in the a** to get a plate here in PA.

How about Vermont? I here they are "EASY" will that do you any good? Are thay close enough?

Yamaha isn't exactly the most ambitious company when it comes to getting their bikes by the feds. It did take them 3 years to get their WRs green sticker certified here in CA....

Yeh, Yamaha better step to the plate (figure of speech) with a 50 state compliant WR soon or some of us true blues may have to go orange, yellow, or Husky.:thumbsup:

Yeah, the Husky is looking pretty tempting at this point. I have had lust for a Husky for a while but was hoping that the rumors of a plated WR450 would come true.

Way bummed about the absence of a plated WR450, looks like red, Honda or Husky:(

Yamaha isn't exactly the most ambitious company when it comes to getting their bikes by the feds. It did take them 3 years to get their WRs green sticker certified here in CA....

I found that amazing too. I think the 05 was the first WR green certified.

Way bummed about the absence of a plated WR450, looks like red, Honda or Husky:(

Did I miss something? Honda got plates?

Honda?

Yeah if you like 650cc of air cooled monstrosity

Yeah and if you go yellow the DRZ-s is no feather either. Guess I'll be keeping my plated 02 for a loooong time.

Yeah and if you go yellow the DRZ-s is no feather either. Guess I'll be keeping my plated 02 for a loooong time.

Same here..........my 01' will be with me on long time!

I just read in Dirt Bike today that the 2008 WR450 was expected to be street legal...